M.U.C. Caravan polish

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Had any one use the above caravan polish, I know it dear but for £11, it sould be very good for that price to use on the van only, or any other polish that would be helpfull, Thanks.

Trevor

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trevor

Waited a few hours before answering as I expected others to advise you of the products they use.

Having already explained about this new range of products called kemdirect from Holland, the toilet additive and tank/descaler the only one left is the Shampoo for your van.

Kemdirect Shampoo contains Polymer which puts a gloss on your caravan or motorhome and prevents future dirt from sticking to the surface so making your caravn stay cleaner longer. Rain water even takes off a lot of the dirt and when you have to clean a second time it is so much easier.

There are a lot of products on the market for cleaning your caravan but most of the time you have to buy one for one thing and another for getting rid off these marks etc.

With Kemdirect once you have the polymer layer on you only need the one product so it is much cheaper and the finish looks as if you have polished and spent loads of time on it!

There is no need to wax your caravan nowadays and this causes the dirt to impregnate into the wax and that is why you have to use a seperate cleaner to get rid of black marks etc.

Kemdirect can even be used on your car with the same effect.

Check Hans`s site out www.kemdirect.nl

Hope that helps you a bit I know there will be lots who have their own favorite shampoos.

Joyce

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Trevor,

I can vouch for MUC products for use on Bikes but I haven't used the products on a caravan.

Can't say that I've used Kem direct either but I know that Joyce has now been appointed as their UK sales rep (Only Joking)

Any way Joyce's is reply is slightly off track .

The use off any cleaner or polish is dependent on a number of things. Age of van, van construction, effect of UV on paint work, the type of side wall construction (stipple, bubble, alu, GRP etc

I would say you best bet is trial and a little error

Always use clean water and whether you choose a cheaper and cheerful cleaner like star drops or something at

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, Thank you all for your reply, We have been using other cleaning stuff as well but find Fenwick's is good but it take age to clean a 24 foot van clean with fenwick first then leather down and spray bobby dazzler all over and leather down again but it come up lovely, the only trouble is my back I have ploblem with, so I looking for something easy and cut the time in half it take me about 4 half hours to clean it, so that why I looking for something like Kemdirect, First to Joyce just a few thing to clear up, can I spray Kemdirect all over the van, and will it get rid of the black streaks and the algae, as I found who sell the Kemdirect stuff, Once again thank you all

Trevor

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi just got back from our Easter Rally in Holland, glad to hear you all had a good meet over Easter.

Hi Monkey...you have caught me out, how did you know I was the UK sales rep!

Just replying to being slightly off track as you put it!

If you use a wax or polish you will leave a very thin soft layer on the surface of your caravan and the small particles of dirt and black mark will become part of this layer unless they are removed immediately. So I go back to my original statemant that with Kemdirect you put on a glossy solid layer onto the suface and these marks do not become a part of it and so they are washed off easily. You can use Kemdirect on all those surfaces of the vans you mentioned.

Hi Trevor..... Kemdirect is not a spray it is a liquid in a bottle and you use one cap full in your bucket wash and then rinse and chammie. Or in my Hubbys case he does not even rinse as he does not like the cleaning job but he does like the product as is has made the whole operation so much quicker and easier.

Kemdirect does not get rid of the black marks if they are already in the top surface of the caravan. You can use a cloth and a small amount of white spirit to remove them.

Then when you have washed your caravan with Kemdirect the black marks should not come back again and if you do they will just wash off. It should get rid off the algae it did on ours when we collected in January from the compound.

If you want to know more just contact me, we do mail order.........Joyce

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts