M5 Service Stations

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In a few weeks time I will be travelling (overnight) from Plymouth back home to Lancashire along the M5. I have calculated that I will need to top up with fuel somewhere around the Gordano/Sedgemoor Service areas. Does anyone know if these are caravan friendly and/or is access to fuel area good. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've recently been travelling to Cardiff and found we've had to avoiding the Moto services, there only seems to be one that I've found the caters for caravans, most direct you to the lorry stops, you then find you can't access the usual car part of the filling station. This is a real pain for me as I have a petrol car.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I stopped at Sedgemoor last week & parked in the HGV area, which was fine. Gordano is horrible, I've never stopped there when towing so can't comment on the caravan access but the service station is generally 'grim' even by M/Way service station standards. Go on a bit further & stop at Michael Wood Services, that's OK too but the HGV park is quite a long walk from the main services building - which might be a problem if you have very young children ( under 7's) with you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I stopped at Sedgemoor last week & parked in the HGV area, which was fine. Gordano is horrible, I've never stopped there when towing so can't comment on the caravan access but the service station is generally 'grim' even by M/Way service station standards. Go on a bit further & stop at Michael Wood Services, that's OK too but the HGV park is quite a long walk from the main services building - which might be a problem if you have very young children ( under 7's) with you.
Thanks Maz - but can you get to the fuel station (cars as opposed to trucks) from the HGV park at Sedgemoor. I'm not too bothered about food and we can use the loo at the fuel station if necessary. I just need a quick fuel stop.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
M5 Service Areas.

Horrible. I never understand why people stop at service areas on motorways except to use the toilets, and to take a rest break. That is all they are fit for.

Expensive petrol, overpriced, disgusting, unimaginative lukewarm food, rip-off prices in the shops, and that vile piped music wherever you go.

The only way to get these places to change is to hit them in the pocket, and NOT use their overpriced facilities.

We always fill the car at supermarkets along the route (like you'd do at home), and take sufficient food with us for the journey.

After being ripped off in 1998 for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts