Main battery fuse

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 15, 2022
Visit site
A freshly charged, good battery, should be more like 13.5v, so your battery is suspect. when you have given it a good charge, remove it from the charger and check the voltage every so often over a period of time. You should find there may be an initial slight drop, but after that voltage should be maintained for weeks. if it drops over a short time. The battery has had it.

When it goes back on the van, there should be an obvious increase when the van is powered up. This shows the van's power supply is working.

John
Hi it is only 9 months old so will be going back to halfords however why would it discharge other than the charger is faulty. I have a trickle charger so I suppose I could use that instead of the van one.

Sep 15, 2022
Visit site
Is your caravan's power supply built into the consumer unit? If so, you can change like for like. or, do what I did, install a better unit next to the consumer unit and wire it through the back. but please get someone competent to do that.

John
Yes I think I will do that I have a local caravan service center.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi it is only 9 months old so will be going back to halfords however why would it discharge other than the charger is faulty. I have a trickle charger so I suppose I could use that instead of the van one.

I thought you were charging it off the van anyway.

If you suspect the battery, do take it back to Halfords with your receipt and they will do a drop test on it which gives lots of info on its condition.

John

Sep 15, 2022
Visit site
I thought you were charging it off the van anyway.

If you suspect the battery, do take it back to Halfords with your receipt and they will do a drop test on it which gives lots of info on its condition.

John
Yes it was connected to the caravan when it went flat . We were connected to site power so should have been fine . Instead I had to grab 2 innocent neibours to push it along my drive

Sep 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi all, just an update, I got my battery replaced FOC by Halfords and the mover is working. So it much be the charging in the van that us kaput. So thanks again for the input

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts