Main Dealer or Independent?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The link between Mazda and Ford ceased some time back and I do not think there is a lot common to them both now.
Mazda now supply Toyota with the Sky Active range of engines plus Diesel engines too. Toyota supply Mazda electrical and fuel cell technology. Interesting how Toyota sit at the Center of an ever increasing web of partners. Subaru, BMW, Suzuki and Mazda.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We took the Jeep to the a main dealer, not out usual one for Engine Management Light issue. The read the code and told us to rectify the issue all the glow plugs needed changing. This did not rectify the issue.

The alternator went pears shape and more expense. Told that transmission fluid need changing and filter, but filter does not require changing and transmission fluid was changed less than 12000 miles ago.

Anyway when we got the vehicle back EML not on. Towing up the M5, M42 and M6 I could feel the car surging and shortly after coming off the M6 onto an A road the EML came back on so still the same fault that the Jeep went to the garage originally. I did notice that when the vehicle got the flat spot the revs dropped quite considerably. Normally I would put it down to a dirty fuel filter starving the engine, but with modern engines and EMLs I am unsure.

Having gone through everything it seems that I have very little recourse for a claim with the dealer so have abandoned that idea. However as we still have the same issue with the flat spot or surging I think I will have to bite the bullet and pay our normal dealer the £100 for the diagnostic which will be the third one in less than 2 months! I am hoping the our normal Jeep dealer can access the previous diagnostic check.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts