Maintenance

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it looks like as soon as you post it automatically, changes the setting to subscribe. Hopefully the forum team will sort it out.
Mr Calm. :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed, that when you reply to a post, at the bottom of the reply box, there is a box marked subsription, which by default has the box ticked to be notified of postings on this topic.
Can this be set to Unticked. ?
At present untick the box and you will not get emails.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Shaving read the above, I went on my profile to see what I may have subscribed to. Nothing coming up in any lists. Also tells me I am offline when the forum tells me I am logged in.
What did you do to the forum?

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Just noticed, that when you reply to a post, at the bottom of the reply box, there is a box marked subsription, which by default has the box ticked to be notified of postings on this topic.
Can this be set to Unticked. ?
At present untick the box and you will not get emails.

Hi there. I've already requested this and it is in progress!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
It would be interesting to know what changes were planned and why?

No worries – it's very straightforward. Like all software, it needs to be updated every so often to ensure there are no security holes and so on. This update was overdue so, of course, I apologise for the inconvenience caused, but it did need to happen.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The website was down earlier and the issue that caused it was resolved but a secondary problem which appeared to be an internet server rather than a PCv issue cropped up and crashed this site for a while.
Thanks for your patience and perseverance, some forum security upgrades are being carried out and new features are currently being developed which will hopefully prove popular with forum users if and when they are introduced . :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Please can we have the "subscribe" box unticked as default,
Thanks just a reminder, I know you are all busy.
Thanks
Hutch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Missing posts when searching using the "last Post" access facility.

I usually use the forum by looking at the threads where new posts have been listed in green, and where those arise in topic areas where I tend to respond.

However since the latest "upgrade" to the forum, my prefered method of using the "last post" highlight in the righthand box seems to bring up a truncated thread. When I have needed to refer back to the OP of the thread, flipping back to the opening post in the thread reveals the first response at the head and not the Opening Post which is nowhere to be seen.

This seems to be the case wherever the "last Post" option is offered.

If however I enter the thread by using the threads title in column 3, then all the post seem to be shown.

Just for clarity this is using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, with Chrome or Firefox.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Have the fonts been changed as well, When reading the " I " seems to be very thin. And at times the font is "strange" to read.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
The fonts look OK to me, but there seems to be a lot of jittering again as adverts load. It's a good job there is a new 'Unthank You' button as I thanked somebody by mistake as the page jumped when I was trying to select something else. I noticed it and could then Unthank.

The default email tick box change seems to have been made. Ta.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
The fonts look OK to me, but there seems to be a lot of jittering again as adverts load. It's a good job there is a new 'Unthank You' button as I thanked somebody by mistake as the page jumped when I was trying to select something else. I noticed it and could then Unthank.

Glad you like the 'unthank you' button! And we will check the page load speeds.

WoodlandsCamper said:
The default email tick box change seems to have been made. Ta.

Yes, that's been done now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Missing posts when searching using the "last Post" access facility.

I usually use the forum by looking at the threads where new posts have been listed in green, and where those arise in topic areas where I tend to respond.

However since the latest "upgrade" to the forum, my prefered method of using the "last post" highlight in the righthand box seems to bring up a truncated thread. When I have needed to refer back to the OP of the thread, flipping back to the opening post in the thread reveals the first response at the head and not the Opening Post which is nowhere to be seen.

This seems to be the case wherever the "last Post" option is offered.

If however I enter the thread by using the threads title in column 3, then all the post seem to be shown.

Just for clarity this is using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, with Chrome or Firefox.

This problem is still apparent, and alsos occurs on an Android tablet.

Has it been looked at?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts