Making up a bed

Jul 4, 2007
Visit site
Is it right that to protect the seat fabric the seating should be turned over when arranging a bed? Is it not possible that the fabric may rub against the locker lid if this is done. Arn't some seats moulded on the top edge so supporting the knee what is the effect if the seat is turned over?

Does it matter?

regards

Robert

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robert,

You should sleep on the cusions fabric side up. You will soon learn by trial and error the best way to put the jigsaw together. There maybe a diagram in your information pack detailing the cusion postions when making the bed.

Cheers

Nic

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
I always turn mine over as I think this makes a far better bed.

The knee roll bit I put at the walls on both ends ie under my head and feet.

As for it matering it probally depends upon your back and how good a sleeper you are. I once had an L shape sleeping area and there always seemed to be one bit of the bed that was uncomfortble.

Mind you I have slat's underneath so I can see your concern about the rubbing.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We have a fixed bed now but before like slowcoach we would position the knee rolls against the walls.

Another thing which added to our comfort and warmth was to put a cheapo duvet underneath the bottom sheet between us and the cushion surface.

With another duvet on top we were always snug.

Apr 1, 2007
Visit site
Hi Robert

We are fortunate that our cushions are completely flat so we don't have to worry about kneerolls.

We also use 2 duvets, both with covers on - one underneath and one on top.

This helps with protection, comfort and also warmth in the cooler months, when it is important to have as much insulation underneath as well as on top.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robert,

When I bought my van last year the dealer advised me to turn the cushions over as it saved getting flat spots on the cushions, but I do find that the cushions are then sometimes damp when turned back.

Not sure whether this helps

Jase

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts