Manoir De Kerlut nr Benodet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi any one been to this site recently, what are the sunny pitches like? plenty of room for twin axle Bailey Ranger?

site ok for 11 year old daughter entertainment wise, pool complex looks good.

Are there beaches nearby? whats the area like for cycling etc.

Any reports welcome please, looking to book for next July in the next few days.

Thanks.

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi Wayne,

I had 2 weeks on this site a couple of years ago. Typical Yelloh Village standard with plenty organised for the kids (including a full circus that suddenly arrived on site one day with lions etc) Pitches of a good size with no access problems for larger outfits. Pitches do not have individual water/waste points so you share with others but we had one adjacent to our pitch and was great just chatting to differerent folks as they came to prep fruit/veg etc.

Pitches tend to be U shaped with bushes/hedges on 3 sides

Pool is ok with a waterslides but has planty of sun loungers.

Staff were very friendly and most spoke English (they wore little badges which told you which languages they spoke) and the site was the usual mix of French, Dutch & Belgian caravaners and campers.

My daughter, who was 11 at the time, lost her purse containing all her money she had saved for her holidays. Being 11 she had nothing with her name in the purse ie bank cards etc. However, we asked at the office more in hope than anything else and it had been handed in by someone. Not a penny missing or the contents even disturbed. Sadly, I don't see that happening on a UK site....

No great beaches really close at hand so we went to Benodet (which we absolutely loved) for our beach days. Can't recommend Benodet highly enough....

Quimper and Concarneau with easy reach - we spend a couple of days visiting each.

SuperU supermarket about 1 mile away but good little takeaway and shop on the site. Bar area overlooking the pool.

All in all a very friendly family site and I would have no problem going again.

Enjoy,

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wayne

I don't know Manor de Kerlut but I DO know Benodet. Benodet is a super holiday resort with lots to do without being loud or over touristy. It is beautifully situated on the coast and river estuary with excellent beaches.

I would highly recommend Camping Du Letty in Benodet. We discovered it on our first visit to France as tent campers and returned many times latterly as caravanners. Large pitches, friendly staff, excellent amenities and right on the beach. Our 5, now grown up, kids would still come with us if we were going to Du Letty and still talk of it with the greatest fondness.

If you want to read my review of the site, and which includes lots of ideas of things to do in and near Benodet, have a look in ukcampsite.co.uk campsite search section. There are lots of other positive reports there by other campers. IMHO Du Letty is EASILY the best site in Benodet.

Regards

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I must agree whole heartedly with Tim regarding Camping Du Letty. Just spent two weeks there with daughter and grand children - pitch virtually right on the beach - 6ft away from dwarf hedge and then 3 steps onto beach. Grand children did not want to leave site - they wanted to stay on the beach all the time. If you typed Camping Du Letty into your search engine it will bring their web page up for you. Site is spotless and toilet blocks cleaned few times per day. Only site on the beach - all others inland but walking distance to the beach. Approx. 10 - 15 minute walk around the coast into Benodet on tidy footpath and admire the coastal chateaus. Benodet is again a beautiful town but not very large. No litter, chewing gum or yobos.

Quimper and Concarneau within easy reach - two beautiful towns where your wife and daughter will love the shops and you the architecture. If possible take push bikes with you as it is a very popular mode of transport there.

We went Plymouth to Roscoff and then approx 80 miles on excellent roads to Quimper and good roads to Benodet - only down side on this journey very few filling stations so make sure you have plenty of fuel. Also type in Select Sites - they are marvellous and will arrange everything for you - all you need do is organise the health cards from the PO, get your passports and Euros. 6 hours on the ferry but we looked upon it as part of the holiday - beautiful crossing both ways - no worry about sea sickness at all.

Good luck with your holiday in Benodet - no matter where you stay I am sure you will enjoy it.

TRENDING THREADS