Maplin's Camping Satellite Kit

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi John M

At the risk of offending you is this a wind up? The Maplin's and Aldi's satellite kits have been extensively discussed on this forum, just look back and you will see all the comments. In case this is just naivety, we have one of these kits and find it suits our purpose.

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi John M

At the risk of offending you is this a wind up? The Maplin's and Aldi's satellite kits have been extensively discussed on this forum, just look back and you will see all the comments. In case this is just naivety, we have one of these kits and find it suits our purpose.
Crikey. prickly or what?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Woah!!!! That kind of reply from Sophie is one which I would find highly insulting as a member of the forum, and even more so if I were a new member.

Whilst I uderstand that the same questions are asked time and time again, and the more long term users have the answers, we all have to start somewhere and helpful replies are all that are needed.

Yes there is a lot previously written, but the search system is not good, not easy to use and if you do not pick the part of the forum where they are posted you get no results.

In direct reply to John, yes the Maplin and Lidl systems are good value for money and relatively easy to use, once you master finding the satellite!!!

There is a very good work through at the web site satelliteforcaravans, and I also believe that there is a good one somewhere in the forum, but I cannot find it off hand.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
The subject may have been discussed in the past but not everyone is going to trawl through previous posts to check before posting a thread. John has a valid question and is looking for feed back regarding the system.

I havent got experience with the system in question but I am sure that others will be glad to supply feed back regarding the system.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
John Im sure we can help you out here.

If you go back to Forum Index you find page numbers .

Go to page 16 of equipment and accessories and look down the page to the heading of equipment and accessories there in detail is Sir Rogers fairly fool proof way to set your system up.

If you have any problems from there please contact Damian or Parksy and they can give you my email address

Please do not be afraid to make contact

Regards Sir Roger

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
HI! John i use one of Maplins sat sets and find them very good have used it from north of Scotland to about 30 miles south of Derby and have had no problems whatsoever great little think ,light, easy packed away, fold up arm ,all packed into a 2ft x 2ftx 5inch box all i had to buy was sat finder again from Maplins

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
sophiee

sometimes a search does not always get the posts you're after. hence it is often easier to post the question.

I have a post requesting info on the new xtrail.

After failing in my attempt via the search, to get the feedback i am after.

I have had some good feedback, and will thank those concerned in due course.

No one as yet has been rude to me.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Bill

The systems are pretty much identical you can set them up with the instructions already on the forum.

Again any problems Please ask

Sir Roger

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Mark Mac.I have to say Ive never used the satellite finder , from day one ive only ever used the compass on the back of the dish.up and running in minutes.

As you say great bit of kit as long as you keep well clear of trees .

Sir Roger

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to (almost) everyone for your replies, especially Sir Roger.

Not all of us have got hours to trawl through previous posts, and what if a question had never been asked before ? Nothing would ever be found.

I'm not particularly new to the forum and have offered my advice or opinion on several occasions, sometimes to questions that I know have been previously asked. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that a question has been previously asked.

If Sophie thought it was a wind up I'm sorry (for her). She could have answered in two words YES / YES or YES / No instead of wasting her time with uncalled for remarks.

John M

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Glad it wasn't just me who thought the first reply to this thread was 'prickly' at the least!

One question that has not been answered anywhere i can find is;

If I use my Sky plus from home with one of these kits, will I get all the skyplus channels and functions? I don' see why not but just wondering :)

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Paul It looks as tho you can use your sky plus box from home ,Im not conversant but if yoiu scroll back to Duggie he explains there

Regards Sir Roger

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Slightly off topic but we're about to invest in a satellite dish and we were just wondering how the dish connects to the TV. We use a TV with built in Freeview so don't need a separate digital box. Are we right in thinking that the connector on the satellite lead is the screw-in type and if so do we bring this in through the caravan window and connect this to the socket marked SAT next to our aerial in the caravan? Know this is probably very obvious but just want to clarify. Cheers.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Claire and Rob just had to have a look at mine as we have the same set at home , heres what you do.

LMB to Receiverand then scart plug to to tv.If you have any problems please get back to me.

Good Luck .Sir Roger

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Claire & Rob.

I am a little confused by your post.You say you are about to invest in a satellite dish and wonder how it would connect to your TV. What are you wanting to do, if you are just wanting to receive Freeview you do not need a Dish. A dish does not connect to your TV unless you have built in "FREESAT". A dish is for receiving a signal from a satellite through a satellite receiver/decoder. You then connect your TV to the receiver. If you need any more help please come back. You could also read the very useful help at www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk.

Good luck .JTS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts