Mapplins satellite in a suitcase

May 23, 2006
Visit site
I am considering purchasing one of these 'satellite in a suitcase from Mapplins' to use when away on holiday in England and Wales only. My question is can I take my normal PACE receiver and sky card from home and use this dish. The FAQ page on the Mapplins site suggests the dish is not compatable with sky products.

May 20, 2006
Visit site
a friend of mine has just bought one for that very same reason, as its on special offer for 40 odd quid at the moment. the suckers that stick it to the side of the van are pretty impressive.

he hasnt used it yet but believes it will work, i am an ex sat fitter myself and the bottom line is if it has a universal lnp (which it does) it will work, the only down side i can see is that the dish is quite small in relation to the standard dish, i dont think this will affect you in this part of the world but you might see a diference in signal strength once you pop over to france or spain.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
make that "universal LNB not LNP", lol, damn these stubby fingers.
I am interestedin a "satellite in a suitcase", however my home system uses sky+. I do not have my old pace box. What options might be open to me? Should I re-aquire an old box? Many thanks.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, think posted question in wrong area! Out of practice! Can I use "satellite in a suitcase" system with sky+ receiver or do I need to obtain a pace box? Had no joy from Maplins as yet. Sky dont want to know either! Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts