Maps similar to Google Earth

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
A few weeks ago while reading a thread under a topic which I cannot remember the title of, a couple of people recommended a source of road maps and satellite mapping which was, in their opinion better than Google Earth. I tried it out and was quite impressed with it but forgot to store it in favorites and now cannot recall the name of the web site. Can anyone remember this or suggest which mapping site it was?

Thanks

Robert

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
When I first downloaded it after seeing the link on here I could zoom right in on my bungalow and see my car and caravan clearly. Now whenever I try I can't get anywhere as near and what I do get is blurd :O( I don't know why this is.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
When I first downloaded it after seeing the link on here I could zoom right in on my bungalow and see my car and caravan clearly. Now whenever I try I can't get anywhere as near and what I do get is blurd :O( I don't know why this is.
May be a silly comment "me lud" but you have clicked "birds-eye view" Sir.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
:O( I was using Virtual Earth and I used all the features, 2D, 3D, aerial and hybrid.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
oops just tried it and yes that is it :O)

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
But Sir there is an additional view where the mapping is up to it, of "Birds-eye" view. Try looking at Portsmouth asan example, then the little icon of three skyscrappers, [below the folded map icon] will colour up. Try clicking that and find Nelson's Victory. I presume the family knew him and Emma well; lovely couple?

If your estates are not yet included then its a time to have a few words with Bill Gates next time he is dining up at the Hall.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
But Sir there is an additional view where the mapping is up to it, of "Birds-eye" view. Try looking at Portsmouth asan example, then the little icon of three skyscrappers, [below the folded map icon] will colour up. Try clicking that and find Nelson's Victory. I presume the family knew him and Emma well; lovely couple?

If your estates are not yet included then its a time to have a few words with Bill Gates next time he is dining up at the Hall.
Ah you beat me to it Sir

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
hi were do i get the down load for Virtual earth.

mark
Mark, to get the real close up you need to click the icon showing two skyscrapers (birdseye view)but not all have a birds eye view. I just put a search in for my mothers at Clipstone, there is an aerial view but no birdseye view. Birdseye view is closer and clearer.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Try www.local.live.com delete the left side to get full width screen view, below the zoom slider you can have maps, aerial view or hybrid which is aerial view with street/road names over the top. The views are a bit out of date but pretty good, some views are also a bit cloudy

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Try www.local.live.com delete the left side to get full width screen view, below the zoom slider you can have maps, aerial view or hybrid which is aerial view with street/road names over the top. The views are a bit out of date but pretty good, some views are also a bit cloudy
Hi,

On a previous thread, someone recommended mappy.com

I did a side by side between mappy and Google - of a campsite near Disneyland Paris and with Mappy you could see fantastic detail.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts