March 09 Practical Caravan 6 Birth Test FAO Mark Bigault

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
On reading the group test in the new magazine, I was surprised to read that the Lunar was stated as having a wider bed than the others on test.

Agreed the Lunar brouchure states that, but beware this width is only available if you remove the front chest. The illustration at the beginning of the test confirms this.

As this is also the TV point, this is not really something you would want to do every night. This is a real shame as if it wasn't for this we would probably now have one on order. Instead we now have a Pageant Bretagne S7, but it would have been nice to have a separate shower.

Dec 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Zafiral,

Thanks for pointing that out.

As you rightly say, removing the chest every night would be a nightmare. But it's also unnecessary as the bed is still wide enough to comfortably sleep two, even excluding the width taken up by the central chest.

This should have been made more explicit in the test though, so sorry about that.

Overall, it really was a very tight test, so I 'm sure you'll be very happy in the Pageant.

All the best,

Mark Bigault

Features editor

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We agree it was close, we actually went to a dealer to look at the Lunar having initially dismissed the Bailey owing to the lack of separate shower. We tried the bed in the Lunar with the chest in place and the wife was not sure. At the dealers, behind the Lunar was the Pageant. Let's have a look at that one then...

The extra kitchen worktop was a plus for the Lunar. The Bailey countered this with the bigger lounge giving the choice of using the front as two useable singles ( I am 5'11" and the wife is 5'8") if we arrive on site late (or fall asleep in front of the telly!!!).

Both vans have excellent rear bedrooms, though the convertable rear storage in the Lunar, while admittedly neater looking, could restrict storing chairs and tables there as the door is smaller than the fully open area with the Bailey's bed tipped against the wall.

Equipment on both vans is fantastic and from the test I agree that the Fleetwood is an also ran (even without the administration problems) and in my opinion not worth the

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts