marker boards for caravan in spain

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

we have a twin axle and we tow with 4/4,as anybody been to spain recently and used marker boards,we are hoping to go in sept ,some advice please would be appreciated thank you Alan P/T

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
Spanish Regulations for vehicle combinations over 12 meters long

Any outfit travelling to Spain that is over 12m in length must have one long or two small aluminium boards attached to the back. The aluminium boards must have a yellow centre with a red outline and be reflective, the boards must also comply with ECE70 standards. (We would recommend that you check before purchase that the boards you are buying have the ECE70 mark stamped on them). There are two options available:

Two marker boards must be placed at the back of the outfit between 50cm and 150cm off the ground, they can be attached horizontally or vertically, and must be symmetrical. Dimensions of the marker boards are 500mm x 250mm or 565mm x 200mm

One large maker board that must be placed at the back of the outfit between 50cm and 150cm off the ground, this board must be attached horizontally. Dimensions are 1300mm x 250mm or 1130mm x 200mm.

Marker plates can be purchased from most HGV suppliers including:

HGV Direct Freight Products UK Ltd

Telephone: 0845 686 0008 01926 641222

For advice on attaching/fitting marker boards to your outfit please contact your local dealer or manufacturer.

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Christine & Alan,

I also have a Twin Axle (Dethleffs) Caravan I got my marker boards from www.banburytrailers.co.uk and i have them stuck on with extra strong velcro from ebay, works great.

Gren

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan and Christine,

I answererd your question earlier re:the route from Santander to Barca.

If you've not been to Spain before can I also inform you that there is very little and often no difference in the prices of fuel whether it be a supermarket or a garage on the Motorway. There's therefore no advantage in going looking for cheap fuel in any case.

Nov 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi C&A

I live in southern Spain and find it very odd that caravans coming to Spain have to have marker boards when Spanish registered vans, even the biggest Hobbys etc don't, they do have an extra red remorque (trailer) plate, but that is only the same size and shape as a normal one and no more reflective, can't for the life of me work that one out, Only in Spain!

Jeff (Spain)

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi emmetdb,

thanks for that info saves me looking for cheaper diesel,it will be the first time to take the caravan to spain,never been in a car either thanks all the best Alan P/T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi C&A

I live in southern Spain and find it very odd that caravans coming to Spain have to have marker boards when Spanish registered vans, even the biggest Hobbys etc don't, they do have an extra red remorque (trailer) plate, but that is only the same size and shape as a normal one and no more reflective, can't for the life of me work that one out, Only in Spain!

Jeff (Spain)
Jeff,

Could it be that they, being Spanish can have a dialogue with the Guardia Civil officer that stops them whereas us Pomms can't argue back and are therefore fair game when the monthly figures need increasing? Just a thought.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
When this issue raised its head last year the Caravan Club had a feature in the magazine and arrange with a company to supply stick on markers. I bought these at a cost of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts