Martin Roberts on awnings

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
The future is bright and airfilled yet until you get a puncture ! To be honest i think i will stick with my kampa rally pole awning , which is up and erected in 4o minutes and sorted . :)

Craig

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
The future is bright and airfilled yet until you get a puncture ! To be honest i think i will stick with my kampa rally pole awning , which is up and erected in 4o minutes and sorted . :)

Craig

We have no intention of going to air and will be keeping our Isabella Magnum. The only thing that takes any significant length of time is the pegging out, putting the curtains up and you still have to do that when using an air awning. In many cases they seem to need additional pegging out.

There seem to be an awful lot of second hand air awnings available considering the relatively short time that they've been available.

IF the worst happened and for any reason we needed a new awning and ours can't be repaired then we would have the same again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I accept that poled awnings remain popular, we have a porch and full awning, both in the garage, not been used since we bought the air awning, no curtains to hang as they are built in,on our second season and no loss of air, stood up to 30+ degrees in France and frost and snow in UK,so far so good, not expensive to buy, and has annexe and removeable panels, still has to be dried out after taking down wet though! Like a lot of things in caravans it is down to personal choice,long may it remain so

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
woodsieboy said:
I accept that poled awnings remain popular, we have a porch and full awning, both in the garage, not been used since we bought the air awning, no curtains to hang as they are built in,on our second season and no loss of air, stood up to 30+ degrees in France and frost and snow in UK,so far so good, not expensive to buy, and has annexe and removeable panels, still has to be dried out after taking down wet though! Like a lot of things in caravans it is down to personal choice,long may it remain so

Good reply :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts