Marton Mere blackpool

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi im looking for any feedback on this site , i see they have got prem pitch , or evan any other site near which has same kinda stuff indoor pool etc... we a family of 4 two boys age 13 15 thanks andrew

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
This a very large site which over the years has gained more and more statics and less room for tourers.It has a swimming pool,clubhouse,shop,and you can hire bikes.A bus runs from the site into Blackpool the pitches for tourers are not large and for some you have to park your vehicle across the front of your van.In my opinion the premium pitches are rather small but have water and electrics etc.The toilet facilities are very old and once again in my opinion not really very clean and can be quite niffy.Also you have to be carefull the dates you are there as it can be very expensive for your pitch.I suppose for children theres a fair bit for them to do but having been there a few times its not for me.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
If you are looking to take up one of the offers this site does they represent good value for money.

The pitches are not the best in the world if you are putting up an awning although in this respect their serviced pitches are better.

I have only been to this site outside peak times and it is okay but I do not think I would fancy it in the height of summer.

Jun 19, 2005
Visit site
I would have to say that I would never be back on this site again. I was in Blackpool a few years back and I went to visit the site. It looked pretty good so we decided to book up for two weeks in the summer. I couldnot wait to get off of it. There were travellers on it and they used to start fights. Don't get me wrong there was security as well but they did nothing. There were fights every night we were there after the bar closed. Caravans were getting broken into and there were two vans reasonably close to use who got together. They has a karaoke machine and they used it until early on in the morning. I am not against anyone having a good time but four vans around me all left before they were meant to due to all the problems I have mentioned.

This is my personal opinion but it is up to you if you choose to go. We were told by park staff that the travellers had come on the site and booked in for a few day but the refused to leave. Seeing the police on the site day and night was not a good advert for the site and as I have said I will certainly not be back on it.

There is a CC site in Blackpool which I have used abd it was fine. You can get a bus into the centre or it is only a five minute drive away by car.

I hope this helps, but if you would like more information just ask and I will do my best to answer.

Dougy

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
we visited last year and as stated earlier it is a big park there was a lot of work going on enlarging site and dumper trucks running around all day never felt comfortable on the place,the site has grown but the club has not,far too full and sometimes a struggle to get in it will be a long time before we go again too many drunken scousers.nice people usually but dont mix with beer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we stayed in a static for a weekend some 3 years ago and looked round the touring area , if i had turned up with my van i would of turned round and gone back home ,they were so cammed together , no privacy , cheers john

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Stayed there in May 08, and never again, site over developed with tourers packed in tight. Toilets/showers always filthy. Swimming pool very small and basic. Yhis is not a downer on Haven as their Havan y Mor site in N Wales is spot on with clean toilet facilities, decent splash pool with slides etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts