maxiview status 530

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes - provided of course that you are in a decent signal coverage area, but that goes for any sort of terrestrial aerial. We've been using ours for the past four years and in most places it works and in some other it doesn't. It's helpful to make sure it's poinetd in the right directions and don't forget that you'll have to retune the TV every time tp go somehere else. I find that it's helpful to get the TV to tune in an analogue signal first and then tweak the antenna round to get the best picture before doing a digital tune. The problem with digital TV is that it either works or it doesn't, you don't get the same sort of degradadtion that you do with analogue. If you aren't pointed in the right direction the TV won't tune itself on digital. Don't forget as well that until the official regional switchover a lot of areas are still transmitting digital TV at low power so you might not get all the channels that you are used to. You could be like my brother who lives on the Wirral and was overjoyed when they were switched over and suddenly all his channels came from Wales!!!. He had to do a manual tune to get the signal from his local english transmitter.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Our Status 530 works perfectly on digital.

However a couple of things to bear in mind. Make sure the aerial is set correctly, either vertical or horizontal position before tuning the television. If possible as i approach a site i look at aerials on house roofs to check the setting. Caravan manufacturers are not the best people in thw world at assembling the connectors on the ends of the leads correctly. When i buy a new caravan i always check all the connections. A caravanning friend, who has sadly died, worked in the television industry and each time we met up having purchased a new caravan he would bring his soldering iron and testing equipment.Most of the faults he found were not major, but when he had finished we always had a better picture.

He was quite a bit older than me, and he used to say to me " are you watching and taking note because one day you might have to do this on your own!"

Hamer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts