Maxol oven

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Have a Maxol Monte Carlo 2000 oven in caravan which has a god flame but it just will not get hot. Think I might need new thermostat. Has anyone any ideas where I can get one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chris, Can you confirm you have a healthy blue flame across the width of the burner? Does it increase / decrease in size in response to the control knob?

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for replying. I have a good healthy blue flame approx 1.5 inches. I turn the gas on and light it, hold switch in for a few secs then release. Flame doesn't adjust in size when I turn it to full, but it looks a good flame and I am surprised the oven gets luke warm - good hour to heat a ready cooked meat pie!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris - leave on Max for 15 mins then turn down to 2/3. The flame should reduce at this stage as oven should be heated to almost max. They can be slow to heat things through properly, and we always have to turn the control 1 number higher than cooking recommendations, and heating times may be a little longer than recommendations. Otherwise we can heat up almost anything. Good luck

John

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for replying. We have a good reasonably high flame but there just doesn't seem to be any heat. Therefore leaving it on max is what we have to do, but to heat a meat pie takes an hour and then its just warm.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts