Mayday - Green Flag in Scotland

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone any experiences of Greenflag recovery in Scotland? I will be changing from the AA over to Green flag following a number of comments on this forum but I have never seen a greenflag van driving about. Lots of AA vans though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian

I believe that Greenflag often/usually subcontract out to local garages. Therefore unless the garage has the Greenflag logo on their vehicle you may not be aware of it.

If you're concerned about cover in Scotland, the easiest way is to give them a ring. They should be able to give you exact details of their coverage.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian,

Mick is right they do subcontract to a local garage, very helpfull they where to, recommend them to anybody connected with caravaning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian,I guess you might be changing to Green Flag because of my comments about vans over 18ft long.Well, I changed over last month,and asked for membership to start from October 1st,when AA expires.They have started my new membership from August 1st,but it ends Sept 31st 2006.Two months for free. Good on yer Green Flag. Emmerson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you may be wrong on this as I have recently looked into this with great care. I was with Green Flag and have since bought a motorhome which is 19ft 2ins long. The only service I was informed which would cover over 18ft was the RAC. Both AA and Green Flag would cover the longer vehicle but there would be a surcharge for the larger lorry required. The RAC are offering an "Arrivals" service with the Camping & Caravan Club and will recover any length of caravan/motorhome under this scheme without any surcharge. I checked with the other services prior to joining the RAC. The surcharge is apparantly in the small print section of the contract.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

We have Caravan Club Mayday ( Green Flag ) and today I went over the paperwork.

It states quite clearly that there are no weight or size restrictions even on motor caravans.

We broke down on the M6 a few years ago ( gear box packed up.) Had absolutely no complaints .....we were taken to Chester CC site which was a good distance and given all the help we needed.Whether Green Flag have different rules from the Mayday set-up,I have no idea.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian

We have been unfotunate enough to have to call out Green flag twice this year. Thaankfully the service was excellent on both occasions. They do contract out in Scotland, as with much of the UK, but this means they can get to you quicker. Our local garage runs Green flag recovery and AA recovery in this area.

Wullie from Aberdeenshire

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts