Mazda 6

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anybody got any information on the Mazda 6 as a tow car. I'm looking at buying a '04 plate Mazda 6 Sport 2.0 Diesel (136) and just wondered how good they are. My caravan is 1100Kg laden but looking to change to a bigger 4 berth around the 1250Kg mark. Any comments welcomed.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Simon,

Take a look at www.whattowcar.com, find your car and caravan - it'll give you a good idea of what it would be like.

The site is pretty comprehensive, but you may find some combinations missing, and as with anything on the web, double check their figures with your documentation - in case someone made a typing error when inputting the data.

Robert

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
Simon, I tow a Bailey Pageant Bordeaux with a Mazda 6 2.0ts. A few probs with the light suspension,once I sorted that, it's great to tow with.Plenty pulling power.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to Robert and Iain. Shame I hadn't asked about a 4 x 4, as I'm sure I'd have got a 'slightly' larger response - probably would still be reading the replies now! Anyway, checked the data for myself and all figures look fine, although it would have been nice to have had a little more real experience.

Obviously not controversial enough for this forum to warrant a reasonable reply.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I don't think anybody way deliberately ignoring your post, Simon, but it is noticeable that there seem to be relatively few caravaners in this forum towing with Japanese cars (not 4x4's) that can offer any help with further information. I don't know whether this is just my impression but Japanese saloon cars and estates don't seem to be that popular as towcars. I'll probably get a whole host of replies to this now proving the exception to the rule.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Simon,

Lutz makes a good point about not so many people towing with a Japanese car, and I believe that this can be traced in the past to the Japanese manufacturers not placing any real importance on the diesel market.

But now you can buy some really excellent diesel engined cars from Honda, Nissan, Toyota and of course, Mazda.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts