Member identification

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

Too many Robs - hence change of name to Rob Roy. I'm the 79 year old, married to a younger Molly,who together have caravanned for 40 years. We live in Carluke, South Lanarkshire.

We are not interested in rallying but would enjoy meeting other members of the forum on site so suggest a card in window of van saying "**** Practical Caravan Forum Member."

Any comments?

Rob S.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob Roy

Good idea but will people try it out
Sounds like a good idea! There is no way my wife would ever go to a Caravan Rally, she doesnt quite share the same enthusiasm for the caravan as I do! But it would be good to put faces to names by having some sort of sticker scheme to spot the forum users on site.

Maybe even a forum users page where you could post photos of yourself and your families???

Like you Rob Roy, I found there were too many Simon's on the list so Ive changed mine to Litespeed!!

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea! There is no way my wife would ever go to a Caravan Rally, she doesnt quite share the same enthusiasm for the caravan as I do! But it would be good to put faces to names by having some sort of sticker scheme to spot the forum users on site.

Maybe even a forum users page where you could post photos of yourself and your families???

Like you Rob Roy, I found there were too many Simon's on the list so Ive changed mine to Litespeed!!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Well, here is one of our family.
Looney%20tunes%2001.jpg

G

Maybe one could introduce 'masonic' style handshakes??

Seriously, I like to meet anyone who wishes to talk to me on any site, I don't really feel that a 'badge' should make a jot of difference. Also it might be disconcerting to actually meet the person you have been 'slagging' off through the anonymous protection of the Internet.

I am always reminded of the Groucho Marx quotation when these sort of topics are raised. "I would never join any Club that would have me as a member'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts