Memory foam + C/V fixed bed sheets

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Third query! It's the Sunday morning brain cells!

We are also thinking of buying some memory foam for the van bed... we've seen and tried at the NEC show the Raself one , its a lot more expensive to the one advertised in the magazines but is it true that you get what you pay for?

Has anyone got memory foam and how good is it? Is it worth buying?

Our new caravan has a fixed bed with the corner cut off.... can you get sheets to fit this type of bed? If so where from?

Thanks!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Don't believe everything you read about the over priced memort foam. Yes it does help but within limitations and is definitely not worth paying up to a

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Julie,

We have the same problem with the bed being hard in our 'van. Hubby loves it, but it does my back in a bit, I have bought a feather mattress topper and it does seem to help. As far as the sheets are concerned, all I have done is bought a double duvet set with a valence attached to the bottom sheet, and have tucked the valance tightly underneath the mattress. It gives a nice smooth finish and rounds the corner off nicely.

Hope this is of some help.

Wendy

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Wendy, how thick is the feather mattress topper and where did you buy it from. If the fixed beds were more the conventional shape I would have chucked out the caravan mattress ages ago.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Julie,

My wife is suffering from a prolapsed disc at present; and on the advice of physio we had to get her a "memory mattress" believe me there are lots of different types and cost in no way relates to the quality of the product. We tripped across a company called www.memory-mattress.co.uk and struck gold, they couldn't have been more helpful and their delivery service was excellent.

Because of the situation we shied away from using the van so far this year but we are about to order a "mattress topper" which should alleviate some of the issues.

I should say I'm not connected with the above but my wife is especially a very satisfied customer of theirs. If nothing else look at the website in order to see what to look for in the competition.

Kindest regards Monkeys husband

TRENDING THREADS