Mena Caravan & Camping Site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have stayed here several times - its a well kept, rural site with lots of space. Open outlook, there's a small fishing lake and it's all generally unspoilt. Very friendly owners. We love it for these reasons. THere is a small childrens play area, and also a 'games room' in a barn with table tennis etc, but thats about it. This is defintely not a 'bar & bingo' site - which I guess is just why we do like it so much...! there are two static vans nearer to the house that are available to rent, but these do not affect the pitching area at all, which is wide open and grassy. The loo and showers are small in number, one block is very new and modern with excellent facilities, the other a little older but clean and adequate. Excellent base for touring all of Cornwall, being only a couple of minutes from the A30 Carnon Downs roundabout at the western end of the Bodmin bypass, but you are well away from traffic noise at the site. Its a rural oasis on high ground - don't be put off by the last half mile approach, it is narrow in parts, but very quiet and the site access is very good. Enjoy your holiday!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have stayed here several times - its a well kept, rural site with lots of space. Open outlook, there's a small fishing lake and it's all generally unspoilt. Very friendly owners. We love it for these reasons. THere is a small childrens play area, and also a 'games room' in a barn with table tennis etc, but thats about it. This is defintely not a 'bar & bingo' site - which I guess is just why we do like it so much...! there are two static vans nearer to the house that are available to rent, but these do not affect the pitching area at all, which is wide open and grassy. The loo and showers are small in number, one block is very new and modern with excellent facilities, the other a little older but clean and adequate. Excellent base for touring all of Cornwall, being only a couple of minutes from the A30 Carnon Downs roundabout at the western end of the Bodmin bypass, but you are well away from traffic noise at the site. Its a rural oasis on high ground - don't be put off by the last half mile approach, it is narrow in parts, but very quiet and the site access is very good. Enjoy your holiday!
Thanks Richard, I booked it last week.

p.s. thanks for your comment about the last half mile, I think that will be when I suggest to my husband that he tows for the rest of the journey!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts