Merebrook

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Sorry to hear that it is always sad when a site closes to tourers they can obviously make more money from statics! I am not sure where your site is but if you are looking for an alternative we love Lickpenny near Matlock. That is all tourers so not likely to close to them!

Caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sadly this is happening in many parts of the UK and even abroad as park owners reduce the number of touring pitches in favour of statics. You can see the effect of this along with the increase in caravans/motorhomes/tents - pitches are much more difficult to book. You only have to look at the CC and the C&CC sites booking systems to see that many people book weekends way in advance and in some cases it is very difficult to book a complete week or two holiday. Gone or going are the days when you could just turn up and find a pitch.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
On the rare occasion we use club sites at weekends we always book in advance to ensure a pitch.

This is where I think that priority should be given to those who are members. I know you can only book online as a member, but what about those who are booking over the phone.

I do know that on members only sites eg Incleboro Fields, West Runton you can nearly always get a pitch, out of school holidays, fairly easily, and do not always book when using this site, which will be when they first open and just before they close. At all other times we find it just too busy.

From a personal point of view, I think there should be more members only sites.

May 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin,

im sorry to here that I too use that site every year for an autumn break.I was going to book up for october.It was a realy nice site and the family has had loads of fun there

regards ant

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts