Metal awning pegs

Oct 1, 2007
Visit site
Just getting ready to go out for fdirst time in our new van. Checked the awning and see we need to get some metal pegs for hardstanding. Are these the same as the ones used for tents? We have a few from our boys tenting days with cubs.

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
They are much heavier duty than ordinary metal tent pegs dottie. WE use these http://www.towsure.com/product/1180-8_inch_GRP_Glow_in_the_Dark_pegs_(Pack_4)

Colin

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Scottiedottie.

No your tent pegs will not do, they would probably bend with one tap. They are usually on sale from the warden however, best deal I know is fluorescent ones fron Argos, 24 for

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Scottie

Like Mick k we have used 8" srewpegs for the last three years. Their initial cost is higher but I have found them to be one of the easiest to use. I've got lazy and I now hammer them into the ground , especially on hardstandings. Removal is a sinch. Use your cordless drill to unscrew them with the socket supplied. No more back ache and pulled muscles. They stay in place well even in high winds.

Chers

Alan

Oct 1, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice. We have thought about getting a cordless drill and screw pegs althoguh the intital cost is high we might be better off starting with them rather than getting the hammer in ones.

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi Scottiedottie,

I bought a cordless drill and a 19mm adaptor so I can screw down the jockey legs and also screw in the awning screwpegs. Life is so much easier and everyting is quicker and easier when you arrive and leave a site.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
This probably won't be of any use but if you ever go to the Seaview CC site in Spittle, there's a camping/leisure shop nearby which sells really heavy duty pregs. They are I think made out of stainless steel rod similar to reinforcing rod used in concrete. I smacked mine into hardstanding with a copper headed engineering mallet and not one bent and boy do they hold in. They weren't that cheap but worth every penny all the same.

Tomo

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I am interested in this "screw pegs" issue as I use a Fiamma Caravanstore sun canopy with side walls which are held in place by pegs and I use a drill to operate caravan "corner legs". So have a drill with me. QUESTION, when you refer to a hard stand site is it a concrete base (probably 3"/4" thick), if so do these pegs go in easily?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian

Screw pegs will not go through concrete!

Most hardstandings we have used tend to be very well compacted gravel thus making it very dificult to use a bog standard peg. They just bend.

I've discovered after years use of the screw pegs it is best to hammer them into the ground and remove with your cordless drill and adaptor.

Works for me and they are secure.

In three years I have only miss hit once breaking one of the two plastics lugs on one peg.

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts