Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Thinking about putting van into storage at a farm a bit worried about rats and mice chewing on everthing anything i can use to stop the vermin from coming near the van

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Mothballs are said to do the trick. I've been using them after mice got into my gas locker at the storage compound a couple of years ago. Not seen any sign of them since.

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
put some open drain pipes with poison in around your van, i use this method for my thatching straw, it seems to work!!!! failing that removable corrogated sheeting would keep them at bay and failing that a 12 bore wouldnt go amiss perry

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Mothballs always seem favourite whenever this subject comes up - it's what I use. They can be hard to find sometimes - some younger shop assistants have never even heard of them - so I stock up when I can.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Talking of mice. When we got our van and bought it home we started to do the usual clean out after sitting for months empty.

What did we find ooooh. mouse dropping in one of the top cupboards where the tea towels were. Got hubby to do the cleaning, but only in one top cupboards. The other were fine and we keep towels in aother cupboard aswell. Hubby stripped van top to botton but no other signs. They were in the front locker aswell, chewed the plastic bags.

Absolutely no idea how they or it got in and up to the top cupboard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts