Midi awning size on Clubman SB

Jul 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got ourselves our first Lunar Clubman SB caravan . Can anyone suggest a midi awning that will not obstruct the windows? My Dorema midi fouls the bedroom window. So the same would happen with the Isabella midi. I don't really mind what kind of awning, air, lightweight or traditional, so long as it fits without covering the windows and I do not want a full awning. Recommendations appreciated.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
If you are with the van just measure the horizontal lengths. This is the same size van. I could get the vertical I the side of the door and there is still room at the back of the van.

1657571307903.jpeg

As I remember that was a 3.2 metre Aawning, Great awning but too heavy for me.

John

Reactions: Foxinacaravan

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Fox. Welcome to the forum. I can’t answer your question but if no-one can, your best bet is to measure the straight rail length that you have without fouling anything and then compare to specs on websites.
However, I remember that Glossop awnings had some sort of database that would tell you which awnings wouldn’t cross windows. Don’t know if they still do ( this was 10 years ago 😲) but they may be worth a phone call.
Good luck
mel

Jul 11, 2022
Visit site
Thank you both for that information. My Dorema is 3.2 mtrs with a 3 mtr headrail, looks the same one as Jcloughie, and fouls the window. I am really just looking for recommendations of brands as it seems either 2mtrs or over 3.6 headrail.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
So how much straight rail do you have from the rear edge of the front near side window to past the rear edge of the rear near side window? Awnings come in a variety of widths, 200cm, 250/ 260cm, 330cm, 390cm, 420 cm. If you know the measuremen you can search by size. Makes like Vango and Dometic ( previously Kampa) do this sort of variety. Others may do as well.
Good luck
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts