"MIFI" - Discuss....

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Has any one had any good / bad experiences of using MIFI in their vans and are they recommended?

I've already looked at the network coverage in Anglesey so i'm happy with which provider to go with if I was to get one.

Thanks

Jon

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
If you have newish phone you will not need one (unless you want an external ariel).

I had a Samsung Gal 2 and could setup a wireless access point within 1 second (just one button). I now have a S4 and can also do the same.

!!!You have to ensure your allowed to with your carrier. e.g. only the one plan from 3 is allowed to share tether. !!!
To access on android go to
Settings-connections-more networks- tethering and portable hotspot
For wifi select
Portable wi-fi hotspot
For USB tethering connect the usb device e.g. a laptop then turn on USB tethering
For bluetooth tethering just turn it on and use the other deive to search

tether = sharing your internet via USB
wireless access point = sharing your internet via WIreless (like at home)

Hope this help as keeping your phone up to date also ensures you have the latest tech in your van without any extra cost (also the mifi has to have a internal sim unless thats also tethered).

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
judsley said:
Thanks,
I have an iPhone and as I'm away this weekend in the 'van, i'll try it out.
Thanks for your reply.
Jon

We have a MiFi from Three and find it very effective in all areas as you can locate it anywhere for the best signal. Cost is £8 per month for 1GB download. If you are away on a long UK holiday and need more simply buy a PAYG 3GB card.

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Cheers Surfer
My iPhone is with O2 where the coverage on Anglesey, where we go, is pants. Looking at the network coverage, 3 seem to be the best.
I know it's a loaded question (and i'm not asking you to reveal what you use yours for ;-)) but does the 1GB download last a while?
I'd only use it for checking emails, Facebook, PC Forums (Of course) general internet browsing etc. I wouldn't be looking at streaming films.
Jon

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
judsley said:
Cheers Surfer
My iPhone is with O2 where the coverage on Anglesey, where we go, is pants. Looking at the network coverage, 3 seem to be the best.
I know it's a loaded question (and i'm not asking you to reveal what you use yours for ;-)) but does the 1GB download last a while?
I'd only use it for checking emails, Facebook, PC Forums (Of course) general internet browsing etc. I wouldn't be looking at streaming films.
Jon

We find the 1GB more than adequate for surfing the net on rainy days and downloading emails. You can always check to see how much you have left by logging into the Three website. If we a re going away for a longer period i.e. 10 days or longer, then I buy a PAYG which i activate when the 1 GB runs out. Only had to do this once so far.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts