Mike Parry has an Anti Caravan rant on Good Morning Britain

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What is on about stating being stuck behind one at 70mph? When I last checked the legal speed limit was 70mph and not 71 or more mph?

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Another journalist who has no idea about the general consensus of opinion. And big headed enough to think people may respect his views.

John

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The caravan hater was just another rentagob who is used to stir up a bit of controversy to get people talking and watching tv.
It's obviously worked because we're discussing his silly ill informed viewpoint here.
Didn't the ministry of transport try to impose motorway lane restrictions on caravans for a trial period at one time to 'ease congestion'?
It was later found that caravans on motorways don't create congestion.
The trouble with tv discussions about caravans is that they usually mean statics or motorhomes, and only very rarely are normal state of the art touring caravans shown.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The caravan hater was just another rentagob who is used to stir up a bit of controversy to get people talking and watching tv.
It's obviously worked because we're discussing his silly ill informed viewpoint here.
Didn't the ministry of transport try to impose motorway lane restrictions on caravans for a trial period at one time to 'ease congestion'?
The trouble with tv discussions about caravans is that they usually mean statics or motorhomes, and only very rarely are normal state of the art touring caravans shown.
Wasn't that on the M5 just south of Bristol? Created more problems that it resolved as HGVs and caravans were all stuck in the same lane and behind the slowest HGV.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I was on my way too Cornwall, and got caught in that trial. Lorries, any trailers, caravans in inside lane, could not use the outside lanes, can't remember if that included busses.. Out side lanes jammed, inside lanes undertaking all the time. In fact found myself moaning at cars that were moving inside so they could move. It was bedlam.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I was on my way too Cornwall, and got caught in that trial. Lorries, any trailers, caravans in inside lane, could not use the outside lanes, can't remember if that included busses.. Out side lanes jammed, inside lanes undertaking all the time. In fact found myself moaning at cars that were moving inside so they could move. It was bedlam.

But thats modern overcrowded Britain. If they all didnt have caravans they would still be piling into Cornwall heading for Maggies BB and any field you can pitch a tent on.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
But thats modern overcrowded Britain. If they all didnt have caravans they would still be piling into Cornwall heading for Maggies BB and any field you can pitch a tent on.
That's right, but the experiment was suppose to relieve congestion. just bought it forward a few years,

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
There have always been people who don't like caravans, and always been people with big mouths who think people like them. Are we bovvered? Do we look bovvered? DO these faces look bovvered?

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
This plonker makes a business out of causing arguments and getting the public to ring up premium rate numbers to discuss things he says. He does it all the time on TalkSport.
Some of the most ridiculous statements he makes then sits back laughing and counting his bonus's when he sees all the lights flashing on the switchboard from irate listeners who want to debate a pointless argument using premium rate telephone numbers or text services.
Anything this plonker says has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts