Milenco Aero 3 mirrors for 2016 Nissan Qashqai?

May 14, 2018
Visit site
Ready to order mirrors for Qashqai towing Adria Action 361. Thoughts? Flat or convex? Other alternatives? Thanks from the 'new guy on the block', Don

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just in case you are not aware of the difference between flat and convex mirrors, Flat mirrors have a narrower field of view but they maintain the eye and brains perception of distance, convex mirrors make the image seem smaller and further away, but the have a wider field of view, meaning you will see more of whats going on behind you, but the perception of distance speed becomes more difficult, and it can be easy to misjudge the space available to pull out and back again when passing.

The present legislation requires that when the outfit is set straight, from the driving position you must be able to see in each mirror, the entire length of the trailers side, and at a distance of 20M to the rear of the driver you must be able to from see an additional 4M to either side of the trailer. It doesn't specifically state you have to have additional mirrors, but there are very few towing vehicles that are wide enough to achieve the required view without additional mirrors.

https://www.lifesure.co.uk/blog/2013/06/caravan-towing-mirrors-make-sure-you-know-the-law/
The mirrors you choose must be compliant with the EU directives and carry the "e" mark

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with the Prof on the mirrors and personally prefer flat ones but that is me.
What I would say is that I have found the Milencos would not easily hold securely on my new Mazda and had to buy strap on ones, which also proved more stable. If you are buying from a dealer I would ask if you can test the mirrors on the car to see what fits best.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Raywood said:
I would agree with the Prof on the mirrors and personally prefer flat ones but that is me.
What I would say is that I have found the Milencos would not easily hold securely on my new Mazda and had to buy strap on ones, which also proved more stable. If you are buying from a dealer I would ask if you can test the mirrors on the car to see what fits best.

Milenco, now do different mounting feet for the mirrors, for different makes of cars, unlike the old universal ones.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........flat on both sides for towing mirrors.
Adjust to show both rear corners of caravan when car and caravan in a straight line which is a legal requirement.
Then adjust car mirrors electrically to give a wider view to minimize blind spots.
Take care with automatic folding mirrors when towing mirrors are fitted .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Adjust to show both rear corners of caravan when car and caravan in a straight line which is a legal requirement.
Then adjust car mirrors electrically to give a wider view to minimize blind spots.

True there, I can fold my mirrors, with the extentions on ok. . Never thought about it at first. Sante Fe with Milenco 2.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Gafferbill said:

True there, I can fold my mirrors, with the extentions on ok. . Never thought about it at first. Sante Fe with Milenco 2.

My mirrors will fold in with the extension mirrors on but not sure if that is true for all makes.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Same here. Mine fold in no bother with them still on. Ours just get left on on site if car not going anywhere for the weekend.

Mine retract without touching the windows. Always remove them as I once had a pair stolen when we were near Dover on a CC site for an overnight stop prior to an early morning start. Fortunately in those days I always carried an old pair of strap on mirrors so we weren’t really inconvenienced.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
otherclive said:
Craigyoung said:
Same here. Mine fold in no bother with them still on. Ours just get left on on site if car not going anywhere for the weekend.

Mine retract without touching the windows. Always remove them as I once had a pair stolen when we were near Dover on a CC site for an overnight stop prior to an early morning start. Fortunately in those days I always carried an old pair of strap on mirrors so we weren’t really inconvenienced.

Never in the world ! Pinched on a club site to ?!
There's some right scum about !!

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the Aero 3 mirrors (Flat) and they fit on my XTrail fine. I can still adjust the car's mirrors with them attached. They came as part of a Bonus Pack when we bought our caravan, so I didn't have the opportunity to try other models. I'm not totally sure of the tear drop shape, reminds me of the limitations we found with a Vectra I used to have, the Grand Aero has a more rectangular shape and might be worth a try. Best bet would be to go to a decent dealer and try a number of different models to see which suits you best. .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I go with Nialls response about the Grand Aeros, I had the teardrop ones also on a Vectra good but limited visability , I have the grand Aero on out santa fe, I have them drooping down , they give a good rear view, they do vibrate but they are ok.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Had both Aeros and Grand Aeros. Found the smaller Aeros hard to get into a good position to view from a normal driving position. They also vibrated like mad. This may be car specific as others do not report this. Grand Aeros vibrated much less and the bigger mirror is a better match for my largish door mirrors. Also gives a better view.

Both folded in fine on both of my towcars but only when attached to the top edge. Attaching to the bottom edge, the clamps will hit the bodywork.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
....Both folded in fine on both of my towcars but only when attached to the top edge. Attaching to the bottom edge, the clamps will hit the bodywork.....

Same here . Always clamped onto the top . Still able to adjust car mirror if need be .

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’m a recent user of the milenco mirrors, can’t remember which version and caravan in storage, kids bought them as Christmas pressie, I had used strap on mirrors for years and they were always a pain in the rear because of the vibrations, I’ve only used them twice so far but I’ve been really impressed with lack of vibration and excellent rear vision, I’m really still experimenting with best position for attaching but I’d give a 10 from Len so far.

BP.

PS flat glass every time for me but you pay your money and take your choice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts