Milenco Aluminium Leveler

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I’m thinking of buying a used Milenco Aluminium Leveler (MAL). Can you help me with:

- I’ve heard the original product was difficult to use and the new one much easier. What’s the difference in use?

- How do I tell the two apart? Maybe model number etc?

- What should be in the kit?

Thanks.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I had one about 6 or 7 years ago and found it to be a right pain. I now use lock n level which is a far better system.

When using the Alko wheel lock, I can reverse in, put the wheel lock on and then level the caravan.
http://www.locknlevel.co.uk/

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My Milenco leveller was easy to use but didnt really get the caravan very high, and if it was damp, then it would sink into the ground as much as lift the van , it in the shed waiting to go onto E bay, along with a TV Ariel, and a twin tub washing machine we bought for going to France with.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I did hear that somebody carted a washing machine around. Thought madam was bad with the kitchen sink and giant handbag. She was once asked if it was a Radley. No she replied........its a Bergen.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I got mine on eBay so don't know which version I have. There is usually a steady stream of them available, so you can usually pick one up at considerably less than retail price. You might need to collect it though, as many vendors will not post. I have found it straightforward to use, but it can take some time with the supplied ratchet spanner to get any significant height. There is an extension handle supplied which makes raising the leveller easier, but this can be bent easily if you're not careful. I find it makes levelling easier than using a ramp, when I have to fit the AlKo wheel lock.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Never found I had to level the caravan laterally on a camc or ccc or commercial site etc., pitches are pretty level laterally.

Wild camping, yes, but if I cannot find a suitable spot then a pair of plastic ramps, stones or bits of wood or my wife's handbag can always accommodate any alterations to lateral level.

(As yet I have not found a ground undulation so severe that my wife's handbag was needed).

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We bought a pair of levelling ramps when we first started a good few years ago and to this day I have not used them yet. I've got two bits off decking off cuts in my front locker witch a wheel may sit on but like Anseo says most sites we use are prety level .

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We use a pair of them for levelling our twin axle. SWMBO has reported no issues with their use at all and like lock and level they mean you can pop your Alko lock on before levelling. We've been on a lot of uneven rally sites and CL/CS's with them and they've not let us down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts