Milenco wheel clamp

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
Has anyone had the same issue with the milenco wheel clamp?
I picked up my motorhome from storage and foolishly forgot the wheel clamp was on!!
I reversed only a yard or so and realised by the noise what I had done.
I was astounded to see the clamp had simply rotated off the wheel causeing only a minor scratch to the bumper , but allowing me to simply pull it away still locked, and drive away!Not ideal security??

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You would have been better off with one of those contraptions that hook around the steering wheel and the pedal. At least you will not forget then. :D

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised at that and would contact Milenco to see what they say. I suspect they will say you fitted it wrongly, but you never know they may have some advice.

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
I've contacted milenco to advise them of the problem and to alert them of the failing of the wheel clamp.They simply asked me to return it to them at my cost.I don't see the point in that as there is nothing wrong with the clamp or its fitting.I did ask them to arrange a courier if they wanted to look at it but I've heard nothing back from them.I won't be using it again and will buy a contraption for the steering wheel.
I'm still interested to know if anyone else has had the same issue?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I've contacted milenco to advise them of the problem and to alert them of the failing of the wheel clamp.They simply asked me to return it to them at my cost.I don't see the point in that as there is nothing wrong with the clamp or its fitting.I did ask them to arrange a courier if they wanted to look at it but I've heard nothing back from them.I won't be using it again and will buy a contraption for the steering wheel.
I'm still interested to know if anyone else has had the same issue?
Are you aware that if the item is not fit for purpose, then it is the supplier that has toi bear the cost of the return shipping? This is legislated in CRA 2015 however also depends on when it was bought.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Are you aware that if the item is not fit for purpose, then it is the supplier that has toi bear the cost of the return shipping? This is legislated in CRA 2015 however also depends on when it was bought.
Not sure what type of clamp the OP had as there are different types. But irrespective it’s a but disappointing that Milenco didn’t want to investigate further.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem with asking for the return costs is simply that it is not high enough to take further if you do not get it. It might cost Milenco a few sales though if anyone is looking at purchasing one so it would be in their interests to do something better.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The problem with asking for the return costs is simply that it is not high enough to take further if you do not get it. It might cost Milenco a few sales though if anyone is looking at purchasing one so it would be in their interests to do something better.
There should not be a problem with return postage, but a lot depends on when it was bought and from whom. I don't think Milenco sell direct to the public so issue is with supplier.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There should not be a problem with return postage, but a lot depends on when it was bought and from whom. I don't think Milenco sell direct to the public so issue is with supplier.
This is true but I doubt most retailers would regard it as their problem as no proof it was faulty and the OP should not have driven off with it attached. I think possibly only Milenco could establish if there was a problem or if it was fitted incorrectly. Very difficult one to sort out but I have not heard of any other similar problems, and I think quite a few people will have tried to drive off with one fitted. Probably that means you should use a checklist to make sure you get it all done as it is easy to miss something. We do tend to walk round before setting off following the time we missed a flat tyre on the car and were only stopped by the warden as we were about to exit the site.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is true but I doubt most retailers would regard it as their problem as no proof it was faulty and the OP should not have driven off with it attached. I think possibly only Milenco could establish if there was a problem or if it was fitted incorrectly. Very difficult one to sort out but I have not heard of any other similar problems, and I think quite a few people will have tried to drive off with one fitted. Probably that means you should use a checklist to make sure you get it all done as it is easy to miss something. We do tend to walk round before setting off following the time we missed a flat tyre on the car and were only stopped by the warden as we were about to exit the site.
It does not have to be faulty to reject as in this case it is "not fit for purpose" and the latter is in current legislation.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Not sure what type of clamp the OP had as there are different types. But irrespective it’s a but disappointing that Milenco didn’t want to investigate further.

Entirely agree. Most of us would respect the brand name - certainly they are to be found across all aspects of the hobby.

However, a current advertisement from Milenco for a set of "Sleep Safe Alarms" contains the following wording:

"These alarms do not detect gas but are used to deter a gas attack, as any would be attacker will not be able to enter the caravan or motorhome without the alarm sounding and gaining attention from surrounding campers.

Milenco do not sell gas detectors as these alone do not protect you from the affects of a gas attack, they merely warn you that you have been attacked whilst you are breathing in the noxious gas and suffering the effects.

Our philosophy is prevention is better than cure."

I'm not looking for a debate on the use of gas to immobilize occupants and gain entry to a van or motorhome. Simply put it does NOT happen. If you think it does then my all means start your own thread.

My concern is that a major company such as Milenco use the "urban myth" as a sales "gimmick". I, for one, am not impressed with the marketing strategy and their casual attitude to the clamp problem leaves much to be desired.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought Milenco wheelclamps came in various guises that were suited to a certain wheel size ?

Wasn't too large a clamp on a small wheel or something like that ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Entirely agree. Most of us would respect the brand name - certainly they are to be found across all aspects of the hobby.

However, a current advertisement from Milenco for a set of "Sleep Safe Alarms" contains the following wording:

"These alarms do not detect gas but are used to deter a gas attack, as any would be attacker will not be able to enter the caravan or motorhome without the alarm sounding and gaining attention from surrounding campers.

Milenco do not sell gas detectors as these alone do not protect you from the affects of a gas attack, they merely warn you that you have been attacked whilst you are breathing in the noxious gas and suffering the effects.

Our philosophy is prevention is better than cure."

I'm not looking for a debate on the use of gas to immobilize occupants and gain entry to a van or motorhome. Simply put it does NOT happen. If you think it does then my all means start your own thread.

My concern is that a major company such as Milenco use the "urban myth" as a sales "gimmick". I, for one, am not impressed with the marketing strategy and their casual attitude to the clamp problem leaves much to be desired.
Is that old chestnut still being peddled. Almost as bad as Elsan selling screenwash to prevent legionnaires disease.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts