Milenco Wraith wheel lock question

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a problem with my Mienco wheel lock.

I am having difficulty in removing the lock from my wheel, the key turns fine, I think the problem is the barrel is not aligned correctly when I turn the key to remove the lock. Looking at the pictures you can see 2 images, 1 where the inner barrel should stop and the 2nd where it actually stops, it seams to go past the holes for the ball bearing to move freely.

My question is, is this a common fault with these type locks? Or am I doing something wrong?

Will I have to buy a replacement barrel? Or can repair the current one?

Also anybody got a link where I can buy replacement a barrel?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1978.jpeg
    IMG_1978.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a problem with my Mienco wheel lock.

I am having difficulty in removing the lock from my wheel, the key turns fine, I think the problem is the barrel is not aligned correctly when I turn the key to remove the lock. Looking at the pictures you can see 2 images, 1 where the inner barrel should stop and the 2nd where it actually stops, it seams to go past the holes for the ball bearing to move freely.

My question is, is this a common fault with these type locks? Or am I doing something wrong?

Will I have to buy a replacement barrel? Or can repair the current one?

Also anybody got a link where I can buy replacement a barrel?

Thanks in advance.

When I needed to replace the barrel and key on my Nemesis I contacted Purple Line direct. It wasn't advertised on their web site as being available at the time.

You could contact Milenco and enquire about the problem and if needed ask about availability of a replacement.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616-111025.png
    Screenshot_20240616-111025.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
When I needed to replace the barrel and key on my Nemesis I contacted Purple Line direct. It wasn't advertised on their web site as being available at the time.

You could contact Milenco and enquire about the problem and if needed ask about availability of a replacement.
I had just sent an email to Milenco as you posted on here. lol.

Great minds think alike?

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
I will have a play and see if I can find and then mark the position to remove the lock.

Seems a bit of a poor design if the barrel doesn't stop turning when it's in the correct position to unlock. On my Nemesis when it stops turning it's in the correct position to just slide off.

Unless I am missing something.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Seems a bit of a poor design if the barrel doesn't stop turning when it's in the correct position to unlock. On my Nemesis when it stops turning it's in the correct position to just slide off.

Unless I am missing something.
When I first bought the lock it did, however over the past 2 months it as if the barrel has slipped. I was thinking it was a manufacturing floor, but doing a quick google search can’t see any other reported issues so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
My Wraith lock does exactly the same, it has done since new. I just fully turn the key then back slightly while wiggling the lock off. Agree it's not that great but it works for me, so far.

Reactions: JRT
Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Emailed Milenco, they did reply quickly, in short they are willing to replace the barrel , I just need to find my receipt from 4 years ago. 😂.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts