Mince Pie Madness

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mince pie danger to be assessed (BBC News 05 12 06)

Organisers of a village Christmas party have been told they must carry out a risk assessment of their mince pies - or their festivities will be cancelled.

Council bosses say posters will have to be displayed at the party in Embsay, in the Yorkshire Dales, warning villagers the pies contain nuts and suet pastry.

The cocoa content and temperature of the hot chocolate must also be checked.

Resident Steve Dobson said the rules had made the small party as difficult to arrange as the Great Yorkshire Show.

Mr Dobson said he learned of the regulations after writing to Craven District Council to ask if he could use a car park outside Embsay village hall to hold the free party for the community.

Barmy - totally barmy

G

Before we left home in France we went to a local Hypermarket to get a supply of cat food for our moggies.

The store was being enlarged with out being closed. One end of the store working as usual with Arc welders and grinders going as lady in a head set tried to entice people to try some new fruit cakes ( guess they contained nuts).

Her back drop was some patchy industrial netting and clear PVC sheets with a chorus of power tools as cherry pickers rolled about and the operatives hammered steel beams into their position and people from the drinks section manouvered their trolleys down a rubble ramp past her from the new floor that must have been a foot higher than the old.

We've seen the same done at other branches and no one seems to bat an eye lid.

One Europe ! Only when it suits!

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
While on the subject of P.C. Health and Safety ect. Please remember this Christmas that one is no longer allowed to put crosses in the bottom of Brussel Sprouts for fear of offending.

ttfn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I shall put crosses on some, the Star of David on others and a nice crescent cut on the rest.

I know this will offend the Buddhist's but have you seen the size of that guy!!!!

Damned if I am letting him have any Brussels Sprouts. The after-effects could wipe out a small town.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I shall put crosses on some, the Star of David on others and a nice crescent cut on the rest.

I know this will offend the Buddhist's but have you seen the size of that guy!!!!

Damned if I am letting him have any Brussels Sprouts. The after-effects could wipe out a small town.
well done clive that made me laugh

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
That is giving way to the minority. I feel that the campaign to save our heritage and the way we have always prepaired our sprouts should be defended this Chrismas. Stand up and be counted.

Oh yes. One question.

Do we need to distribute a public health warning if in the privicy of our own home we serve them with chesnuts.

ttfn

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts