mini season,scotland

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi...looking for some help,for a number of years Ive been doing a mini season.Sept and Oct,really enjoyed them,have always went to brighouse bay,kirkcudbright...now looking for a change for next year,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...1 to 2 hours drive from glasgow

Nov 5, 2005
Visit site
Just been to Loch Lomond at Milarrochy bay CC&C site for 7 days nice time of year good walks on West Highland way passes site best time for seeing diffrent shades of leves William

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Definitely New England Bay. Not so sure about the other two. Bad reports about Travellers camped just outside Yellowcraig Club Site. Never been to Edinburgh so can't comment. Only thing is I think it is near Council Housing Schemes.

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Definitely New England Bay. Not so sure about the other two. Bad reports about Travellers camped just outside Yellowcraig Club Site. Never been to Edinburgh so can't comment. Only thing is I think it is near Council Housing Schemes.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I don't know about Yellowcraigs as it's years since I was there but there are sometimes travellers camped along from the Edinburgh site. Doesn't appear to have been a problem. Site has very good security measures. It won an award for these measures shortly afer opening. There are council estates nearby but again, doesn't appear to be a problem.

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
There were travellers just outside Yellowcraigs the last time we were there. That said they didn't come onto the site or cause any problems. The warden said they only ever stay for a few days.

I have been visiting Yellowcraigs since I was a child and this was the first time I have seen travellers there.

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
There were travellers just outside Yellowcraigs the last time we were there. That said they didn't come onto the site or cause any problems. The warden said they only ever stay for a few days.

I have been visiting Yellowcraigs since I was a child and this was the first time I have seen travellers there.
I agree about Loch Lomond, but we thought that the road to Milarrochy Bay site was a trifle rough? We liked the Camping and Caravanning Club`s site on the opposite side of the loch, at Luss, especially if you can get a lochside pitch, as we did. I`d also highly recommend Muasdale Holiday Park, in Kintyre, a bit out of the way, but beautiful, not for lovers of nightlife though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts