Mini sim for truma inet

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Baileygirl, welcome to the forum.
The sim card needs to be inserted into the slot on the unit after the initial set up.
This is to allow your phone to communicate with the system over longer distances.
If you Google ' Truma i net set up' there is a downloadable pdf with full instructions on how to set up and operate your system.

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi Baileygirl, welcome to the forum.
The sim card needs to be inserted into the slot on the unit after the initial set up.
This is to allow your phone to communicate with the system over longer distances.
If you Google ' Truma i net set up' there is a downloadable pdf with full instructions on how to set up and operate your system.
Thanks so much for the reply - what type of sim do I need is it prepay or payg? What GB? Oh dear!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi had our Bailey Phoenix vogue 644 for 3 days it has the facility for 4g with a mini sim. What do we need to do #confused

Welcome to the forum.

We don’t have that system so only know what I read. First, have you read this. It mentions nothing about 4G or data/Wifi connection. Just that it works with bluetooth for close proximity. For which it may come with a remote or it may expect you to use a smart phone app.

For control over distance it uses SMS. Therefore you send it a text and it obeys.

Next, you need to think if you would use it over distance. If it’s cold and you go out for the day you could set the heating to go on ready for your return. Or, do what we do, and leave it on a lower temp and turn it up when we get back.

Each to there own, but I think it’s a bit of a gimmick. And that’s from someone who likes gizmos. At home, my heating is controlled by Netatmo, I can control it from anywhere. That’s might be useful when it’s really cold and we have been away.

A lot of lights are controlled by Alexa. So I can do them from anywhere. But don’t. Even sillier. My fridge/freezer connects to the internet and if I so desired, I could look up the temperatures right now. Now that might be useful if it sent an alarm if there was a problem. But otherwise a waste of time.

I am interested why it said 4G, so will monitor this thread.

If you do want to be able to send SMS I suggest a sim which stays live so long as it is used every 6 months (I think). They cost around £5. From O2. and perhaps others. Most want a monthly commitment.

John

Reactions: Baileygirl

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts