Mis-leading Advert?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
My van has a pressure switch water sytem, so I do not know much about microswitch systems. However, I assumed the microswitch was on the 'dry' side of the tap, ie it was not immersed in any water. If so, why is there an advert in the current CC magazine stating that a manufacturer's replacement Crystal 2 filters:

"Give clean, taste free water without blocking microswitches"?

I don't expect dirty water to block the microswitches in any case!!!!!!!!
smiley-wink.gif

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I quite agree with you.
Microswitches are indeed on the dry side of the tap and pressure switch.

It is yet another effort to get people to buy what is not necessary by making them think they need something which they do not.

One for the ASA I think.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
There are an awfull lot of misleading adverts / comments and your one is quite typical woodlands.
Another one I've seen is a very expensive "self levelling" caravan system that in the small print "assumes" the van is parked "relatively" level. By that they mean not more than 25mm difference across the axle. (side to side).

So you would more often than not have to put a board / ramp under one side of the van.

Now given that you still have to wind the jockey wheel to uncouple from the car and most of us have a battery powered drill or even screw driver, why would you spend a 4 figure sum on a carlos fandango system.
If you want symutanious steady lowering just take the boss and 2 ankle snappers (kids) and spend under £100 on 4 battery drills
smiley-wink.gif

I like a quality touring life but setting the van up isn't rocket science and to me is part of the fun. Yep even in January 2010 with 7" of snow on the pitch it was still fun to me.

Being prepared for bad weather and muddy pitches is one thing but lugging 50Kgs of motor mover and 40 kgs of self levelling kit permanently fitted to the van and reducing the load capacity isn't practical to me.
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts