Misted window

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Every now and then I find that a side window on my Bailey Pageant, has a small patch of misting up between the double glazing. I have heard that it is possible to clear this problem without recourse to a caravan workshop. Any out there heard of the solution. Ta ever so.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gordon, I dont know if this will help, but I have an Abbey Vogue, and the windows have small bungs in various places which you remove to allow any trapped moisture to escape, then reseal the double glazing.

I would think that most windows are made by the hsame manufacturer, and if so,then have a look around your windows for these plugs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unlike your windows at home, those on your van are not a sealed unit. It is quite normal for the windows to mist up but as long as they clear again in a few days it is not a problem. Outside temperature dropping when the inside of your van is warm makes it happen. Put your windows on night or summer catch when the van is in use and WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT REMOVE THE BUNGS!! You will never get them back in and then you really will introduce moisture in there and they will never clear. Hope this clears up your question even if it doesn't clear the window.!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had this problem with one side window on a new Abbey GTS Vogue, but curiously non of the other windows were affected, which makes me think that this is NOT normal. On very close inspection I found a hairline crack about 1" long just below the top hinge area in the window material. The window has been replaced under warranty by the dealer and the problem has now gone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts