Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Currently tow with a Mercedes E220Cdi Estate, fantastic tow car.

Problem is, its a company car and the tax is getting silly.

Due for change in March, and I'm drawn towards the Outlander PHEV, as it carries only a 5% BIK. Does everything I need it to, and tow rated to 1500kg, which will do me (just!)

Anyone on here got one, and towed with it, up near its limit? Any good? Yes or no?

Thanks

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I was given a new one of these as a loan car for three months, I couldn't wait to get shut of it but primarily because it wasn't as big as my shogun.
The car in general was very good and mpg was phenomenal. It was very comfortable and had some toys as standard though the cut out engine stop a traffic lights got me in trouble quite a few times as the auto start up sometimes didn't operate as I expected it to. (though this could have been me)
As it was a loan car I couldn't tow with it so no help there for you.

short answer.............Get the new Shogun :)

Phil

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info, to be honest, I don't really think I fancy one, I'm just looking at the money side!!!

I think the BIK on a shogun would be even worse that my Mercedes!! I'm just trying to balance towing with work and tax!

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
I had the Co 2.2TDi Outlander when I was doing some work in Wales a few years ago. Not as big as it seems but drives like a car. Having said that do check the towing capability and the noseweight carefully - it is not as high as you might expect. By comparison my Passat estate 140 TDI CR will tow 1800Kg!

An AA man said to me about 2 years ago that Mitsubishi never never ever go wrong. He had been a patrolman for 12 years and he could count the number he had been to on his fingers. He was at ours (SWB Shogun) because someone had left the interior light on and killed the battery.

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
LizziePope said:
Hi there and thanks for posting. It's an interesting question and one an increasing number of caravanners are going to have to face. If this helps, check out our full Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV review, plus our PHEV test from the 2014 Tow Car Awards. We've also published a blog following a tour when towing with a PHEV – just click here to read it.

Hope that helps!

Really helpful, thank you.

I guess the answer is "no"............... sigh, back the drawing board!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts