Mitsubishi Outlander problems

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone was having similar issues to me.

I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander with 35k miles. Although its a great car there are 2 annoying problems

1. The throttle over revs at around 1800-2000 rpm if you accelerate hard. The revs fly up then drop down and power is restored. It does it in 4-6th gears around that rev range. Its almost like the clutch is slipping but its not.

2. The car judders when driving, a judder from the engine like 'kangaroo petrol'. A service didnt fix it.

To add insult to injury, I previously had a Peugeot 4007, which is essentially the same car, with 80k miles and the exact same faults.

Any thoughts anyone?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Clutch problems.... crankshaft rear oil seal weeping .... or clutch plate well worn ....

If you are doing a lot of round town / rush hour traffic the clutch will have had as much use as one that has done 100,000k on the motorway...

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same at first. But it's been doing it since I got it at 19k miles. And 2 cars with exact same faults? That's too much of a coincidence to me. But I'll ask my mechanic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Craig,

On reading your post, my first thought was clutch wear. The symptoms you describe are not unique, but are quite usual when the clutch has worn and is able to slip under high differential torque conditions such as hard acceleration.

You then tell us the second car had 19K on it before you got it. So you don't know its full history or the way its been driven.

What I can't tell you is if the model you have is particularly prone to clutch wear, but then its all down to the way it has been driven. Even cars with the best manual clutch will not last long if the driver is forever accelerating very hard, or if the rest their foot on the clutch peddle causing it to drag.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts