Mitsubishi Outlander

Jan 18, 2023
Visit site
Hi, just bought one of these, it appears to have the toe bar fitted as the electrics are present, it was too wet to get underneath to inspect, the tow ball is missing so I am assuming that it is a detachable swan neck type, Unfortunately I am not picking it up for another few days so can't actually verify what type it is I need, any ideas on the likely type fitted, it's a 2012 outlander,

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
You need to wait until you get the car - the detachable part may be stowed away in the boot somewhere - otherwise you'd need to identify the make of towbar and contact the manufacturer - be warned it may be necessary to replace the complete towbar!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am pretty sure my 2009 model had a Witter which was fitted from new. Sorry, not a lot to go on. If it is a known make, and you need the swan neck part. You may be able to get one direct from the manufacturer or on eBay.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Certainly check in the boot as my two previous cars a Superb estate and Forester had stowages in the boot for the detachable tow ball. Also fir both of those cars fitting a towbar required a body cross member to be removed and not refitted to the car. So the towbar acted as the new cross member. That was no problem apart from the fact that the towbar did not have a threaded hole to screw the recovery/ towing eye bolt into. So if that’s the case you will need to ensure your tow ball is kept in the car

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You need to wait until you get the car - the detachable part may be stowed away in the boot somewhere - otherwise you'd need to identify the make of towbar and contact the manufacturer - be warned it may be necessary to replace the complete towbar!
Yep same happened with us as the detachable part was missing and only option was to replace the whole towbar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts