Mobile Caravan Valet service...would y?ou use, how much would...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

As some of you may remember we bought our first caravan a couple of weeks ago and then promptly lost my job the next week. We decided to keep the van (and thanks for the kind advice we received from everyone)which helped us make the decision to keep it. I have spent 20 years working in an office and now thinking of doing maybe something different and if possible for myself? We cleaned our van 2 weeks ago which I enjoyed doing (I am a car clean freak as well, the Rover 75 is always admired). Two weeks later when we picked it up for Easter the black streaky marks were there (new rubber window cills I suspect). This led me to thinking about how much people may pay (especially if your caravan is in permanent storage) and how often you may have your caravan or motorhome valeted by a mobile service if this was available...? Would appreciate positive and negative feedback, is this just a daft idea or something that may work for me with the right equipment etc or just a none starter...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
what a good idea, i am sure people would use the service,as paul says so many vans in locks ups don't look like it they have been cleaned.

Not sure how you would manage in the CaSSoa lock ups where seclurity is high,but it would be worth asking, and lots of lock ups don't have water facilities,

i often wonder why the storage areas,(we are in a bronze one)don't install a wash bay, they would make a mint, where we are in plymouth we have not water access and i have to fill our water containers and what ever else i have and lug them to the lock up and wash, the roofs get in a terrible state, wjouldn't it be nice to hitch go over to the wash bay put money in and hey presto jet wash and clean van.

good luck if you take it further come to plymouth!!!!!

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Go for it! Our caravan is in a storage location and it is impossible for us to wash it unless we carry the 40 litre water barrels to the van and then there is no pressure, not that you have to have huge pressure. If someone were to wash it and clean or wipe the outside on a regular basis we would be very happy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul & Ruth,

Sounds like a great idea! I would deffinitely pay for caravan valeting as there are no washing facilities where I will be storing the van and I'm not looking forward to lugging water.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - During my time being an owner of a static van (37'x 12') Cleaning it was quite a job.

A local chap took up the job of offering a cleaning service and at that time he offered a start of season wash, dry off, application of MER, then polished and at the end of season the same again except to winterise. Cost

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I would definitely like to see the availability of equipment to hire on site for cleaning both car and caravan on arrival. I don't mind doing the cleaning myself but it is would save a lot of hasstle if everything was available, long handled brushes, hoses and ladders for doing the roof. I'm surprised sites haven't caught onto the idea, for a relatively small initial outlay I'm sure they would soon recover their investment, alternatively is it a business opportunity for someone to provide the equipment for hire and give sites a commission? I would be more than happy to pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Excellent idea as you will have already gathered. What about doing the inside too? Although I always clean mine before leaving site it can never be perfect because we still have to load and unload it, we don't have a hoover on site (why can't some sites hire them out), and it takes up a lot of valuable holiday time! Good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have just had a check through the yellow pages and most car valeters that advertise also state caravan valeting as well. I don't want to extinguish your fire but its appears not to be a new idea.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
no , not a new idea by any means , been doing it for 3 years or so , as well as car valeting in spare time.Its also quite Amazing how many vans are sold off cheap by owners cos they cant be bothered to clean them up outside when its time to change vans, make a daft offer on one , take it home , valet it , oh look ,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts