Mobile Engineer Qualifications?

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
My caravan was recently serviced by AWS engineer and the service I’ve received is more than silly. Previously has my van always serviced by independent caravan engineers for much cheaper and always in the highest possible level.AWS missed most the things on inspection.Won’t trust AWS in the future

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
My caravan was recently serviced by AWS engineer and the service I’ve received is more than silly. Won’t trust AWS in the future
What wasn’t to your liking then. Most members who use AWS technicians seem pleased with the service.
The service took less than 2 hours and many things wasn’t even checked.My 17 years old son probably has more skills than the engineer who serviced my van

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The service took less than 2 hours and many things wasn’t even checked.My 17 years old son probably has more skills than the engineer who serviced my van
If they were not checked what happened to the tick boxes on the service sheet. There are two levels of service, which did you order?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
[QUOTE="Daren225, post: 571828, member: My 17 years old son probably has more skills than the engineer who serviced my van
[/QUOTE]
I wonder if your son has the skills to notice when he's replying to a 7 year old forum post? 😏
I moved these recent comments to a new thread.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
My caravan was recently serviced by AWS engineer and the service I’ve received is more than silly. Previously has my van always serviced by independent caravan engineers for much cheaper and always in the highest possible level.AWS missed most the things on inspection.Won’t trust AWS in the future
Then make a formal complaint to the Approved Workshop Scheme https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/awsidrs

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have always found the AWS technicians to be of a higher standard than many workshops and have never had an issue with any of their work. Are you sure they were a registered AWS technician? https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/find-approved-workshop

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No one is perfect, and even the most highly trained or experienced person might sometime miss something. Without knowing what was ordered, and what was carried out and what they are accused of missing, it simply not possible to judge if the accusation is fair or not.

Most often matters like this invariably boils down to miss understood instructions or misinformed expectations.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
No one is perfect, and even the most highly trained or experienced person might sometime miss something. Without knowing what was ordered, and what was carried out and what they are accused of missing, it simply not possible to judge if the accusation is fair or not.

Most often matters like this invariably boils down to miss understood instructions or misinformed expectations.
That’s very true Prof .But our AWS chap of 10 Years takes 2hours 15 minutes on our TA. He has always been very honest and indeed has fixed a couple of water leaks back in his workshop. As far as I know there is the standard annual service which pretty well covers all chassis, gas , electrics 230 and 12v plus habitation and damp/ water ingress.. One of our Woosies and a previous Mod were /are AWS. Bad reporting of performance must be substantiated.
Hopefully the OP will answer your point, what did he order?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I found this very interesting, my AWS tech is very good, I look at his mobile van, see the layout of his tool cases and equipment, very professional. The first service I had from him and his co worker were great , on site at storage, with myself every now and again poking my nose in , ( which I hate having done myself) he is great, Mark . https://www.markcaravanmedic.co.uk/ If your in the North Bucks, South Northamptonshire area.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

However if you have a check list that you are supposed to follow, then they should not miss anything. That check list should be handed over to the customer on completion and if they have checked something, but have not done the work that is fraud and the customer could possibly demand a full refund within the firts 30 days of the work having being done under CRA 2015 or they could give the technician the opportunity to rectify the issue at the expense of the technician.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts