Mobile Internet Access in France

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
What is the best way of using my laptop in France so that I can pick up my emails and use Google / Google Earth etc ? I'm going for three weeks and touring most of the time. I don't want to be tied down to a long contract but want something at a sensible price. I know many campsites in France now have free WiFi but I don't think this is general. I don't imagine that I will use it for very long each day or couple of days.
Any advice would be welcome.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Many sites have wifi (French=WeeFee), as do many of the chain type cafes, buffalo Grill, McDs,( you dont have to eat the food!,) the coffee shop chains etc

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We were away for three weeks last year, and managed perfectly well on free WiFi wherever it was available. As well as the list above, supermarket malls often have a WiFi area, Tourist information offices now offer WiFi, and even some completely out of the way little places offer it. Our friend lives out in the sticks, and the local bar (only used by about a dozen locals) is the WiFi zone. I don't think you'll have a problem finding places where you can access the internet.

TRENDING THREADS