Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I said I was not going to be as active on this forum in future - however after reading the postings of the last few days I have even less faith in this forum now and I think it has sunk to a very low depth. Below is an e-mail which I have forwarded to Mr. Mod.1 and have copied on here for all to see.

"I have just had a look at today's postings on the PC forum and what has been contributed by various individuals has really sickened and annoyed me. The postings I am referring to are under the heading of "Chit Chat" and the topics are F.A.O.Lolly and Goodbye. The manner in which postings are being submitted in general and in this particularly sensitive issue are very hurtful and it would appear to me that there are now contributors out to just stir up problems - these are not trolls but have been active on the site for a short while. I noticed one contribution which states that he has intentionally posted to wind up Lord B.

I realise that the forum is open to all contributors, I have been surprised there is not a section for youth members as both the CC and the C&CC have active youth sections, and that moderation is very difficult. If I was in your position I think I would be far more severe and there would be certain members blocked for their ways.

Rant over - sorry sir but had to get it off my chest.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Colin ( bridgend )

I presume (maybe wrongly) that you are pointing a half finger at me. What's gone on with the Last Respect issue I have not commented on, it has nothing to do with me.

Please bear in mind people have directly opposite views go back to bibical times. Jesus overturned the money lenders and changers tables because he didn't agree with them. Me I may have thought it's the free market !!! We both may of been wrong.

Frank

May 12, 2006
Visit site
If I was in your position I think I would be far more severe and there would be certain members blocked for their ways

Colin again because their views don't agree with your own ???

I have re read your rant and you are correct in one aspect of your post.

Frank

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
"intentionally posted to wind Lord B up"

Whilst i know Frank does not need me to butt in on his half colin i feel you are not your normal self?

Lord B is afterall more than capable of defending hinself and also given to winding people up.

I should add so are many of the contributors including myself and i do not see this as any sort of forum crime and am surprised that you feel so irritated by it.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
As it would appear my name was mentioned in the deleted posts, please could someone let me know what has been going on as I appeared to have missed it

Thanks

Lolly x

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Moderator 1,

After my post yesterdy, I was'nt able to get back onto the Forum till now. I would be grateful if you would e.mail me as well to bring me up to speed on what happened yesterday please.

G.

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
There seems to be alot of falling out lately on this forum. Whats going on.

Quite a few members have said that they are not posting any more,which will be a loss for the forum, Lord B being one of the most recent.

Yes people do have different opinions but there is no need to start personal battles we all give our views and should be prepared to get negative replies and accept them not start throwing bad comments at other people because we dont like the reply we get to our posts.

Will

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
,allo will.

Just to put the record straight I haven't fell out with anyone :O) For some reason, one or two think it's because of the arguing and name calling that I'm no longer posting which is far from the truth. People think they can get at me by calling me a van driver which again isn't true. A friend of mine used to tell people when I was a paramedic that I was a "butchers errand boy", now I do find that funny.

I've been on Forums, game sites etc. since 1996 so are fairly netwise by now and know that due to the internet theres a lot of tough, hard men sat out there behind their keyboards and when they do start their insults/namecalling it is best to ignore them because to respond is to show that they have got under your skin and that is like oxygen to them.

The actual reason I left can be laid firmly at the PC Brigade I suppose. It's the fear of mentioning certain topics and being accused of something you aren't. (Comment about another member removed) Giovani was right, I can look after myself regarding the postings or wind ups but what I don't have any control of is the deletions and I can't be ar$ed typing away to have the threads deleted later.

No, I've posted many times before, it will take a good person to really upset me online, it's like the proverbial water off a ducks back ;O) ... hehheh!

Now back to my cave. Take care all :OP

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
Could we all picture the scenario as laid out above as if we were all on adjacent pitches on a nice camp site?

Would we really have some of us saying "I don't like what you say and so I am taking my ball away!"

I doubt it.

It seems to me that some on this Forum need to grow up a bit, stop being so overly sensitive and looking for faults. The sly digs at others for doing exactly what they themselves so ably demonstrate just shows the extent of that person's problem.

What does the good book say?

Something about specs in another's eye whilst ignoring the plank in your own.

If you are going, go.

If you are staying, try to be adult.

If you want to make remarks about "he said this, he said that" just accept that it may wind people up still further and deal with it.

But keep re-appearing as the "come back kids" is just silly IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts