Moderator what is happening to the forum?

Aug 1, 2005
Visit site
Dear Sir,

I do not often post on the forum, usually when I need to find something out, but I do follow the forum with much interest. I especially like the heated debates between certain members and the jokes that are made by all members of the forum.

I am currently confused about topics and postings because I find that I will read a posting one evening and then expect to find further postings related to it, only to find that the whole topic has been removed or certain postings or words within a posting have been removed which makes the topic very difficult to follow. I can distinctly remember the postings and they were not offensive at all so I cannot understand the reasoning.

Perhaps Moderator you could post all the recently removed postings explaining why each one was removed so that forum users will not make the same mistake.

I look forward to your reply.

Deborah

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Yes deborah, I too have struggled to get a coherent progression on a particular topic. My computer has been down for a while and so I have had to do some catching up recently and thats how I encountered this problem that you are referring to. I didnt know whether I was going to enjoy this forum at first but having looked at other forums (eg. uk campsites.co.uk) I have decided that they are much more down beat and staid compared to this one. This one up until now had some heated and sometimes OTT responses but members were allowed to decide how they wanted to react and this made the forum far more interesting than the others. I hope that it will not be turned into a very boring and mediocre forum like some of the others. Cheers, Derek.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Deborah

I have in recent weeks been forced to delete several posts that contravene our forum etiquette, notably those containing personal abuse to another user, and those containing sexual inuendo.

I would love to reproduce them here so that you can see the sort of thing that some people try to post, but that would rather defeat the point surely!

Derek

I'm afraid my inbox doesn't bear out your point about what forum users want. The majority are caravanners wanting to share views, news and opinions about caravan issues. That is the whole point of Haymarket Publishing providing this forum. I receive many complaints from frustrated forum users who post a genuine thread and find it ends up a dialogue/banter/argument between a couple of users way off topic.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Deborah

I have in recent weeks been forced to delete several posts that contravene our forum etiquette, notably those containing personal abuse to another user, and those containing sexual inuendo.

I would love to reproduce them here so that you can see the sort of thing that some people try to post, but that would rather defeat the point surely!

Derek

I'm afraid my inbox doesn't bear out your point about what forum users want. The majority are caravanners wanting to share views, news and opinions about caravan issues. That is the whole point of Haymarket Publishing providing this forum. I receive many complaints from frustrated forum users who post a genuine thread and find it ends up a dialogue/banter/argument between a couple of users way off topic.
HERE HERE keep the forum straight, I for one am sick of people taking over threads and having,(in their opinion) a humorous conversaation, or a slanging match,I often wonder if they would be as nasty if face to face.

tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Totally agree with the moderator , some people seem to have forgot the purpose of this site ,to many playground bullies who do not seem interested in caravanning.They seem to invade every topic and put others off,only see about half a dozen or so agreeing with them...why don't they start their own site and call it Negative.co.uk...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Because Kanga you like to laugh AT people rather than with them.

You do not have a sense of humour in the same way as the rest of us do. You try to control and bully. Your RANT at the Moderator "Do your job" says it all.

Have you seen the Charlie character on the "street" - interesting comparison.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh yea I can see that- That is why I have never been banned from this forum, never posted under an alias, and only had one post removed whereas your tally was three in one day.

Impressive!

Arrogant - you wish. No I have the experience to see through you - and that bothers you.

Now - any possibility of and answer to the Voyager guestion - and I am not talking Star Treck.

You have avoided it for long enough, wallowing in your own fictitious "wake".

What about a reality injection? Voyager - larger than most 4x4's and less efficient than most as well.

Why are they OK but a smaller vehicle with AWD not OK.

I am intrigued and await your bountious enlightenment.

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site

You do not have a sense of humour in the same way as the rest of us do. You try to control and bully. Your RANT at the Moderator "Do your job" says it all.

I only laugh at you Clive, when you sprout one of your sermons.

"blessed are the arrogant" rant rant rant

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

If you just laughed it would be OK - from my experience - when one of my "sermons" backs you into a corner - you get vindictive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts