Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To clear up any confusion and to stop all this b****y rubish about the identity of the existing and assistant moderators could they not be named and include the identity handle on the site. The other alternative is that there is going to be a serious case of libel/slander (never sure which is which) and one h**l of a punch up at the forum meet next year.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

The mod asked for the second log on, and its probably for the best. Just because one person is fishing for an answer I don't think it will need to be changed. the same person will fish at another member in a few days until they get lucky.

Also, there will be no punch up at the meet, I cannot see those of us who are going for fun with our families allowing that to happen.

It does not matter to me who the mod is, I think they took on a hard job.

Steve

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Personally I dont think it should be known Colin because the 1 or 2 troublemakers will then monitor that person making sure that they dont step out of line. If they do they love to tittle tattle on them, its how they get there kicks out of life. In the MSN Game Zone Ive seen this happen for the last 9 years. If a Moderator is in the room in his normal nic and maybe makes a lewd remark the few troublemakers make life difficult for him/her bearing in mind that the Zone is in realtime chat and has tens of thousands of members. If Moddyship 2 doesn't mind others knowing who they are all well and good but bear in mind they will be open to scrutiny/attack by the troublemakers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is vital to keep the identity of the moderators private, to prevent undue pressure being brought against them when deciding on an incidnet.

They should of course take their responsibility very seriously and conduct themselves very professionaly.

It may help if if they do take action against a contributor, that a "judgement" is posted, so that threads dont just fall appart when an item is removed.

Provided there is clear evidence of even-handed moderation I have no objection to the Moderators joining the forum and contributing under a seperate unlinked name

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I still think it is not appropriate that someone can moderate and also post. I know I would use it to my advantage, but thats just me!

Just my honest opinion
Hello Kanga

You back then? How are you?

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nope sorry don't agree.

If people were to behave maturely when posting, then moderating would be both easy and quick. A quick glance through the posts for naughty words ingeniously spelt or formed. Removal of spam posts or movement of posts in the wrong section. Personal attacks should be almost non-existant although they do occasionally happen.

All the moderators on the boards I am on, post as much as the other users, because they have been chosen for their knowledge on the board they moderate as well as their sense of fairness etc.

Moderators, carry on posting!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Deano - being a moderator requires certain people skills and an above average maturity level

Kanga's comment that:-

"I know would use it to my advantage, but thats just me!

ably demonstrates that not everyone possess these skills

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts