Mods, look in technical

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Lisa
The Flag button does the job but it's quicker to let us know here because we can ban the spammer straight away

index.php

index.php

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
More spam early this morning, reported by Wendy - Norfolk, but it's gone now. Just though everyone should know to make sure it all gets reported. Keep a look out peeps! And don't try to buy cheap goods, which is what it was advertising!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The latest case of spam (I don't know about earlier ones because I didn't see them before they were deleted) definitely came from China. As I am in China at the moment I have a sneaking suspicion that the PC that I'm using is being used to get the stuff into the forum without me knowing, despite the use of an anti-spam filter.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We block the memberships of around 50 spam merchants every 24 hours Lutz and although some of the 'goods' advertised may be of Chinese origin the majority of spammers advertising them are from Russia, the Ukraine, Lithuania, USA, then just a couple from China, Israel and the Netherlands according to their email domain names. Some use 'cc' which is a commercial domain often used by spammers who could be anywhere.
Many of them use automated web crawlers to find susceptible websites with no anti spam filters. Forum moderators usually manage to block the majority of illicit 'memberships' before thay have chance to do any harm or place adverts but one or two slip through and their spam is deleted as soon as we see it and their access is blocked.
The spam may not be originating from your computer Lutz but take care not to get ripped off. Until the powers that be from Haymarket get their act together we'll just continue to delete spam placed overnight and block all suspicious 'memberships'.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
I could have called them spam bots I suppose
smiley-tongue-out.gif

The phrase spam bots is ok, it's that other phrase which makes me shiver. I don't know why but it gives me visions of a plague of insects crawling across my screen.

Maybe I need to see a psychiatrist.
smiley-cry.gif

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts