Mondeo 2.0 Ghia and Bailey Pagent Auvergne

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
I appreciate this may be old hat to most of you but I am considering buying a Bailey Pagent. The Bailey technical/spec advises a MTPLM of 1396Kg. The Mondeo spec states a kerb weight of 1388-14444.

If this is the case and I use the rule of thumb...1444x85%=1227Kg does this mean that my mondeo is unsuitable to tow the Bailey.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Many Thanks

Big Nige

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

whilst depending on the car's actual kerbweight you might just be legal you would be at 100% which neither of the clubs would recommend. I have Series 5 Bordeaux and tow it witha 1450kg SAAB 9000CSE turbo anda Sorento. I am very much more relaxed with the greater kerbweight of the Sorento even though I pack the van almost identically for both cars, except that the Bordeaux has quite a high noseweight so I have to be that more careful not to exceed the SAAB's limit. I also usean ALKO stabiliser.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Nige.

I assume the Mondeo is the previous shape. The MTPLM is the maximum weight the manufacturer has decided on for the van, you don't have to load to that maximum. My Provence MTPLM is 1420kgs, I weighed everything before putting it in (as previously just transferred all junk from van to van)and actual weight is approx 1360kgs, which includes a caravan mover, and I tow with a Mondeo TDCI at 1505kgs (kerbweight), roughly 90%. Ford did have a phone number at

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Andrew is right about the the amount of stuff you actually carry. If you actually weight it all as it goes in, and be sensible, you won't get up to the MTPLM of the caravan. However, your info that ytou have given about your car would suggest that this is a poor match, and could be very dangerous in unexperienced hands.

TRENDING THREADS