Mondeo towing mirrors

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Could anybody recommend suitable towing mirrors for a 2012 mondeo estate with mirrors which automatically fold in upon locking car? Have cheap mirrors which foul the car bodywork upon locking. I do not want to go to the expense of milencos and find out I would still have to remove the mirrors before locking car at service stations etc. to avoid them fouling the bodywork. Does anybody have experience of this car and milenco mirrors who can advise on suitability? Thanks.

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Scrancat
I also have a 2012 Mondeo estate with auto folding mirrors. The towing mirrors that I use are Pyramid 'Rock Steady' (their model number may be 026162). These have to be fitted with the screw clamps on the top edge of the car's mirrors but by doing so they have plenty of clearance when they fold in. The clamp blocks are just slim enough to fit between the glass and the plastic housing of the car mirrors. If put onto the bottom edge of the car mirror they will foul the door panel. So far I have had no problem with them. I can't remember the price but they were fairly inexpensive.
JohnM

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it not possible to program the mirrors so they do not fold in when you lock the car? I think this is possible on some cars but don't know if it can be done on the Mondeo if you can then you can program them out when towing and back in when solo, just a thought....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts