G

good car I use a 2.0 TDCI mondeo hatchback towing a Pageant Vendee with an MTPLM OF 1320KG max and it tow very well

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Yungshian,

Looking at buying a TDI 130 Mondeo to tow my 1300kg Lunar.

Q. When towing your van, with the boot fully loaded do you find the car sits low at the back at all, does the steering feel any lighter?

Do you think the self levelling suspension on the (some) estates makes a big difference.

I would prefer the hatch but the vast majority of favourable mondeo post are all about the estate.

G

Mike I don't have that problem because I usually pump up all the tyres as for carrying 4 people and making sure that the nose weight of the van is a max of 75kg. and anyway the boot is always full with suitcase and awning (I wish I could put a picture on here to show you)

Hi, i own a 115bhp mondeo TDDI and it tows great for me , my caravan is about 1200kgs mtplm and ive not had a problem as yet , when i eventually change this car i'll deffinately be having another modeo for towing.

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Mike I don't have that problem because I usually pump up all the tyres as for carrying 4 people and making sure that the nose weight of the van is a max of 75kg. and anyway the boot is always full with suitcase and awning (I wish I could put a picture on here to show you)
Thanks vm for your reply, a picture would have been great, however never mind,

In spending alot of money on a hatch, I just don't want to be in the position of thinking in the future 'I'd wish I'd bought the estate!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts