money money money

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Halifax Clarity card which can also be used at ATM's to get money with only the normal interest charge which is often cheaper than using a bank debit card.
David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
smiley said:
Thanks guys will be checking both out. Any ideas on bank accounts???
We use Caxton fx. You preload the card with euros and can then use it like an ordinary debit card. ATM use is free of any charges. You can load the card online while you are away and you can see your rate of exchange when you load.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Norwich and Peterborough Building Society offers a current account which has a fee-free debit card, and decent terms and conditions for the account. There are minimum payments in each month, but that's easy to do these days with electronic transfers even if you don't use it as your main current account.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
For many years I used the Nationwide credit card when travelling abroad and when they took the decision to stop the facility, I took out an fxEuro card. Finally I heard about the N&P account and decided to open one. All I needed to do was to transfer a small pension to the account. I used the account throughout the four months I was in Spain during the winter. As has been said, payments and cash withdrawals are debited at the inter-bank rate. My account shows that over the four months, the 'perk' saved me about £40.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use Nationwide gold credit card for most purchases and a Caxton FX card pre-loaded and topped up via mobile phone for cash withdrawls.

Be aware that 24/24 pumps check the card when inserted for a sufficient balance to cover the delivery of 99 litres of fuel at their current price. If you do not have this balance the transaction is declined. This means you cannot run down a CaxtonFX card (and some others below about 160 euros if you want to buy the 'last cheap fuel' before boarding the ferry. Particularly applicable at Caen/ Ouisterham where there is no obvious alternative filling station..

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Saga Platinum credit card makes no charges for purchases & no interest charges for ATM cash withdrawals as long as the balance is paid in full each month via a direct debit. cash withdrawals are charged at 2% though

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

We decided to upgrade from NW gold card to the select credit card why they can't just let you use gold abroad don't know.
So its the same only charges are on cash withdrawals.. so it we had to use it for cash its only one days interest (paid same day)
Haven't worked out which is cheapest yet for cash debit/credit.

I will look into N&P that sounds good for debit card. I take it, it is for both transactions?. Which account is it? is there any charges?

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
The nationwide DEBIT card charges 2% plus £1 for atm withdrawals as I said previously the SAGA credit card can be used for both with cash withdrawals charged at 2% but no interest charges provided the balance is paid up each month by direct debit
I tend to use the saga card for all transactions including cash & take my Nationwide cards as back up

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts